I'd like to speak to a Mayo Med Student...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BUmiken12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If there is a Mayo Med Student willing to let me interview him/her for a litle while, that'd be greatly appreciated. I need to do it for a class of mine (Speech Interviewing), and I promise I won't take up too much of your time! Thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm speech interviewing...but why a Mayo student in particular??

Becoming a Mayo Med student is a dream of mine, and the assignment is to interview someone that is in the position that you would like to be in at the "next level." Being an undergrad, that person would be someone at Mayo Med School. PLEEEEASE anyone...or can anyone give me directions on how I might be able to find someone willing to do this?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey dude. The problem is because of their small class size it's hard to come across too many students on the board. The only one student I know of is "Christiangirl" but she's hardly ever on these days. By the way --- what other schools are you considering?? I was also considering Mayo but was just curious what other Mayo prospects are looking at as well.

Originally posted by JJ4:
•Hey dude. The problem is because of their small class size it's hard to come across too many students on the board. The only one student I know of is "Christiangirl" but she's hardly ever on these days. By the way --- what other schools are you considering?? I was also considering Mayo but was just curious what other Mayo prospects are looking at as well.•••

Yeah, I realized that, but I was hoping there'd be someone here that'd notice it that went to Mayo. As far as the otehr schools I'm considering, Mayo is my dream. I won't even apply unless I get a 35+ on my MCAT. I'm also applying to Baylor, UT Southwestern, Wake Forest, and Duke. Probably more schools, but those are my top choices, with Mayo being the definitive #1.

Haven't premed forums taught you that satisfaction and success in your career should be dictated solely by what writers of a second rate news magazine think of your school. Geez...get with the program!

Originally posted by BUmiken12:

Yeah, I realized that, but I was hoping there'd be someone here that'd notice it that went to Mayo. As far as the otehr schools I'm considering, Mayo is my dream. I won't even apply unless I get a 35+ on my MCAT. I'm also applying to Baylor, UT Southwestern, Wake Forest, and Duke. Probably more schools, but those are my top choices, with Mayo being the definitive #1.•••

Originally posted by Kluver Bucy:
•Haven't premed forums taught you that satisfaction and success in your career should be dictated solely by what writers of a second rate news magazine think of your school. Geez...get with the program!

•••

Bucy,
If you're implying that I'm only applying to these schools because they're rated high in rankings, then you're sorely mistaken. I'm applying to Baylor because of Texas Medical Center, UT Southwestern because I used to work at Children's Hospital and loved it there, Mayo because my friend was treated there and had so many good things to say about it, and Wake Forest and Duke because I have family in North Carolina and I think that'd be comforting considering I've never lived outside of Texas.

[/qb][/QUOTE]
Bucy,
If you're implying that I'm only applying to these schools because they're rated high in rankings, then you're sorely mistaken. I'm applying to Baylor because of Texas Medical Center, UT Southwestern because I used to work at Children's Hospital and loved it there, Mayo because my friend was treated there and had so many good things to say about it, and Wake Forest and Duke because I have family in North Carolina and I think that'd be comforting considering I've never lived outside of Texas.[/QB][/QUOTE]

I was commending you for choosing prospective schools based upon personal evaluation rather than ratings (only one of those is a "top 10" and it wasn't your first choice).