Idea for taking the September 11th MCAT. Anyone else in my situation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

axlaxl1

Ram Ventilation
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is my Idea. Anyone with me?

I have taken this test twice this summer. I am honestly debating taking it a third time on Sept. 11th.

I say this for a couple of reasons. My testing knowledge is super close to becomming maxed out. I feel like I know a pleathera of information and here is what happened from the last test to this exam.

I wanted to do actually more review and more practice exams but the testing dates were full and I didn't want to risk not getting a date. So, I jumped on the Aug. 16th date. As well, I know that if I stop studying now and even wait 30 days coming back to "restudy" material again is just going to set me back. I feel, that I should act like I didn't take the test and continue my studies.

Fact is, I though I did a lot better on this exam than my previous one but I had a lot of making up to do. My timing on this exam was still off and the PS passages being like verbal passages was just screwing that up more.

Lastly, I figure if I take the test on Sept. 11th and feel good about it, GREAT. If I have any reservations about it at all I can simply void. I just want a good feeling walking out of the test and I feel the last thing I need to work on here is TIME...

What do you all think?

Members don't see this ad.

You've already taken the MCAT twice this summer and you're going to take it again? You don't even have your last score back yet.

Arrrrrrrrrrgghhhhh. You are right, but I am an ANIMAL. LOL, no but I must like torture huh.

I don't know if I conveyed this throughly the first time before but I felt forced into taking the August 16th Exam. Where was I at in my preparation compared to the first exam. EXCELLENT! However, I was not as prepared as I should have been for the actuall exam taking techniques. To be blount, I was having timing issues. Not because I don't know the material. But rather because I am a perfectionist and was sitting too long on questions that I wasn't going to get right and I knew it.

The only timing I had down pat was the verbal which proved to be the case.

Come the August 16th test date, I did the same thing regarding time. I felt my intuition was a lot better about concepts and what not. Even, though there were some crazy hard passages I felt, I overall felt I knew what they were trying to ask and answered the questions better per se than the other exam I took. However, with all of that said, I feel I could have done a lot better with timing preperation. My knowledge base is awesome this time around.

These are all the reason's why I feel like If I just do a constant review and take practice test's from here to test day I will nock it outta the park. If I feel bad while taking the exam and say to myself "I am bombing this right now." I can just void and it'll be like it never happened.

does that make more sense?

Members don't see this ad :)
Without knowing your score, how do you know you need to retake? Do you know for sure you screwed up? Did you leave a lot of answers blank?

I left nothing blank but on the last passage I went straight to the discreets and then went back with not enough time for those verbal like passages and tried to make a run for it without using the passage. I don't think I got them all wrong and if my intuition was correct then I probably did better than what I think. TBH I got a 6 on the first PS and I don't think I could have ever ever gotten that again. I was scoring 30's on practice exams but as most viewers are saying, "these test are nothing like AAMC practice exams."

I left nothing blank but on the last passage I went straight to the discreets and then went back with not enough time for those verbal like passages and tried to make a run for it without using the passage. I don't think I got them all wrong and if my intuition was correct then I probably did better than what I think. TBH I got a 6 on the first PS and I don't think I could have ever ever gotten that again. I was scoring 30's on practice exams but as most viewers are saying, "these test are nothing like AAMC practice exams."

If you don't feel like you did particularly badly on the last test, it seems like you should save yourself the trouble and wait for your scores to arrive. A September MCAT is pretty late for applying this cycle anyway, so if your previous scores aren't to your liking, perhaps you should apply next cycle. That maybe be better than trying to shove another test in this year.

If you don't feel like you did particularly badly on the last test, it seems like you should save yourself the trouble and wait for your scores to arrive. A September MCAT is pretty late for applying this cycle anyway, so if your previous scores aren't to your liking, perhaps you should apply next cycle. That maybe be better than trying to shove another test in this year.

That is a difficult choice. I mean does anyone here agree that the studying I have done for 6 months would be better served to continue rather than set it aside, start classes again and then try and "REVAMP" for the test. And risk losing my momentum... I honestly feel the only thing I have to improve is timing.... and more general conecept review.

That is a difficult choice. I mean does anyone here agree that the studying I have done for 6 months would be better served to continue rather than set it aside, start classes again and then try and "REVAMP" for the test. And risk losing my momentum... I honestly feel the only thing I have to improve is timing.... and more general conecept review.

I actually agree with your approach...if you feel you know the material and it's just a timing issue, go for it. Keep practising and you can always void. good luck!

Here is my Idea. Anyone with me?

I have taken this test twice this summer. I am honestly debating taking it a third time on Sept. 11th.

I say this for a couple of reasons. My testing knowledge is super close to becomming maxed out. I feel like I know a pleathera of information and here is what happened from the last test to this exam.

I wanted to do actually more review and more practice exams but the testing dates were full and I didn't want to risk not getting a date. So, I jumped on the Aug. 16th date. As well, I know that if I stop studying now and even wait 30 days coming back to "restudy" material again is just going to set me back. I feel, that I should act like I didn't take the test and continue my studies.

Fact is, I though I did a lot better on this exam than my previous one but I had a lot of making up to do. My timing on this exam was still off and the PS passages being like verbal passages was just screwing that up more.

Lastly, I figure if I take the test on Sept. 11th and feel good about it, GREAT. If I have any reservations about it at all I can simply void. I just want a good feeling walking out of the test and I feel the last thing I need to work on here is TIME...

What do you all think?

Wow!!! I am in a very similar situation.My timing is really bad but I feel like I know the material.I took the July 24th exam, and I am also signed up for Sept.11th but still don't know what to do about timing.I have 5 more exams to take.I guess at this point all we can do is pray.

Wow!!! I am in a very similar situation.My timing is really bad but I feel like I know the material.I took the July 24th exam, and I am also signed up for Sept.11th but still don't know what to do about timing.I have 5 more exams to take.I guess at this point all we can do is pray.

we should work on a support group right now and talk about strat and progress.