Ideal locums job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jbomba

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was inspired by the ideal outpatient thread. I'm trying to make the most amount of money on an hourly basis so locums seems like the best set up. My non medical spouse gets great benefits for the family so I don't need much in that regard.

In a major coastal city, what kind of rates should I be looking for? Open to inpatient or outpatient. Should I look for a oercent of billing vs a flat hourly? Anything else to consider?

If the goal is financial, is locums likely the best way to go? Should add I would like to slowly work to open my own practice by having late afternoon/evening hours a few days a week and expand as possible.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Interested in more discussion on this as well though I'm still relatively early in residency. I'll have two years after graduating until my partner finishes her fellowship and we move for her career and officially put down roots. So in the meantime locums vs inpatient vs Telepsych seem like good options though my interests lie in later setting up or joining an outpatient practice.