Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Ideas for next semester

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by DoctorJay87, Nov 30, 2008.

1. DoctorJay87

2+ Year Member

So i got into a medical school (yay!). Anyways, im graduating this fall semester so i have the spring semester to do whatever i want. I want to be somewhat productive and if i could get a job that would be great. the problem is, jobs that require a science degree(ie research related) dont want me for only 6 months.

Someone suggested contacting a researcher from the medical school i got in to and ask if i could start working with them before school starts. I guess that would help set me up for maybe summer internships etc, especially since i plan to do research in med school anyways but dont i have to be a student before i can just work at a lab like that?

Any ideas/suggestions would be great. btw, Im too poor to travel around the world.

thanks

#1 DoctorJay87, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  2. TexasPhysician

Moderator Physician Verified Expert 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I say either contact the research department at the med school or just contact the Program Director of your field of interest if you want to do clinical research.