Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Ideas for summer activities?

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by Peeshee, May 3, 2001.

1. Peeshee

Peeshee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I want to do something productive this summer. We get about 4-5 weeks for break, and I was thinking of getting some international medical experience. There are so many agencies, etc., out there that I am not sure which one to choose. I want to have a good learning experience and at the same time enjoy it. Any ideas? I am thinking of going to Thailand right now.
    hope to hear from you soon!
    Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    PB - just have fun, please.

I can't remember what year you're in, but there will come a time when you won't have the liberty to take 4-5 weeks off and play.

Of course, if you think going on a medical mission would be fun and restful by all means go ahead, but don't do it because you think it will help your application.

BTW, I highly recommend Thailand - lots of cheap fake software, but its worth the $2 for a few games until it breaks! Go to the Snake Temple in Bangkok to see all the little slitheries!

4. Col_4:14

Col_4:14 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Many churches sponser medical missions programs. You may want to look into that! My church is sending a medical mission team to Cuba and Fiji !?! HMmmm which one seems most appealing :D

5. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I say relax and have some fun. Read all the books that you have been wanting to read (it may be a while before you are reading for pleasure again) and see all the movies you can. Try to take a vacation if you can. I am going camping in the wilderness for about a week so I get get away from the hustle and bustle of every day life. Also it is relatively cheap to camp. Hopefully I will be ready to go full speed when med school starts.

6. Stephen Ewen

10+ Year Member

7. Peeshee

Peeshee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks so much for the website. It had a wonderful list of opportunities, and I have already written emails to many of the organizations. I hope to hear some responses soon!!