Idiopathic dismenorrhea and osteopaty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Annalisa

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Italian student of osteopathy.
Im just Wondering if there is some one that can say me if osteopathy can help for idiopathic dismenorrea.
Thanks.
Annalisa

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I think it may be wise to decide if it is due to a pelvic pathology or not. To do so, a very thorough history and pelvic exam must be done. So, before this question can be answered, medical pathology must be first ruled out.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by ewagner:
Well, I think it may be wise to decide if it is due to a pelvic pathology or not. To do so, a very thorough history and pelvic exam must be done. So, before this question can be answered, medical pathology must be first ruled out.

Hi Ewagner,
many thanks for your prompt reply but I am interested on the argument for a school search, so if you can say me where I can find
some abstract about that, I shall appreciate it very much.
Again thancks
Annalisa

Annalisa -

You may not realize that Osteopathy is different in the US than in most of the rest of world, where it focuses more on manipulation. If you are questioning whether the US Osteopathic method of OMM would help in treating idiopathic dysmennorhea (DUB) I might suggest that you do a literature search using MedLine or some other medical search engine for that information.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/