IDP COMPILED STATS 2004(update march 12"th)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrinalini

bAbYRoAcH
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
The list has been updated,its been a slow week. Thank you folks for putting up your stats.
Nidhi(MrJoker) thank you for your stats.
Smiledentist and tasha thank you so much for your wishes.
Meggs this list would never have grown so much without your help :D
Am keeping my fingers crossed for all you folks waitlisted and still interviewing. All the best:thumbup:

Cheers !!
Mrinalini

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

Is there any math wizard here that could calculate averages for these scores???

I know I'm asking for too much, but I think I'll just give it a try, maybe someone could come up with results. :D

I can barely add 2 and 2 together, so I'm out of the question. :oops:

Reposted below!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Your quick nalini! Say Gracias to your permanent roomy. :laugh:

Funny how UPenn WL part 1 average is higher than the accepted average. The same for BU and USC GPA avg.

I know this isn't a scientific calculation, but still.....it proves that you never know what counts.

Thanks again nalini. :thumbup:

Hola Meggs,
You can't really draw too many conclusions about BU and USC w/l gpa's as there is only one person on both the waitlist.
As for the rest in general, I feel that stats are important in deciding whether you are called for the interview or dexterity tests. So all the people who are called have probably the minimum stats criteria. At the interview or dexterity test, it is your performance on that day that is more important than your stats. So it is very possible that people with slightly better stats may not do so well on that day and therefore are put on the waitlist. It is not surprising that sometimes waitlisted people may have better stats than accepted people. Ofcourse this is not necessarily true you can have it vice- versa too. Also you must keep in mind that a few people may have applied late, and so due the rolling admission scheme, even though their stats may be excellent they will get put on the waitlist.
Of course all this is my personal opinion, it may not make a lot of sense. Plus I dont have any experience in this so its just a theoretical explanation. In addition to all our stats, we all need a little bit of luck too ;)

hey mrinalini,

great job on those averages!!

smiledentist

nalini

Your post makes all the sense in the world, you couldn't said it more clearly and truthful. :cool:

Hi mrinalini,
I was amazed at how the avg part I score of BU is just 88.
I calculated using the 16 people's stats that we have ,and its 92.4 ...
Could you tell me how your husband came to the avg?did he use some other stats that are not posted too?
Thanks ,take care

NYU GPA average 52.68??

Originally posted by mrinalini
:D He made a mistake.:D

He used an older list to make the averages. Anyway heres the new (hopefully correct) list.

Thanks Pinktooth:clap:
Thanks Mrinalini,
sorry for the trouble:)

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Sorry for those errors guys!! When some things go wrong.. they really go wrong:(

Don't beat yourself up about it mrinalini!!! Mistakes happen, and you've done so much for us already.. its all good. :)

hey mrinalini great work.
hey guys,
i got accepted in nyu. i am still not sure abt joining.too expensive for me and its a 3 yr course. i am not sure i will join next year also. so i am in a fix now.
most probably i will be withdrawing.:(
still waiting for bu,else i will try next year.

Hi Ann,
Anyway congrats !!:clap:
Getting an acceptance letter definitly boasts your confidence..
take care

hi pinktooth,thanks,
it definitely does boost my confidence, i would very much like to join some school as soon as possible,but since i dont have a cosigner i am really finding it difficult to get a 3 yr loan, so i am eagerly waiting for bu . i still hsavent decided abt nyu though.

i have to catch up on a lot of things on this forum, as i didnt have access to the internet for a few days. ghosh thrs so much i have missed:) :rolleyes: :)

Hi Ann,
could you tell me the projected total expense at NYU for three years.
They must have given an estimate.
Thanks

hi pink tooth,
tuition fees is 44,000 .the estimated expenses for 1 yr including room and board is 76,754. its the normal fee structure but the fact tht its in ny which is very expensive plusthe third yr tuition increases ur total expediture by abt 70,000-80,000.
and during the interview they even told us the estimated cost for room and board might even exceed the 20,000 limit which they given.
one of my friends friend who got admission in nyu was told tht the total amount we would be spending after paying off the interest would be around 350,000:wow: its scary.
did u hear frm any school yet? have u applied to nyu?

I received an acceptance letter from NYU,but am in a confusion whether to join or not because of the cost and length of the program.Waiting to hear from BU.

Hi Anvi,
thanks for the reply.But I did not apply to NYU because its too expensive.
take care

Congrats to all NYU acceptees!!! :clap: Its feels good to have an acceptance in your hands! All the best for BU.. :)

Tasha