IDP program for people on visitor visa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blob

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys/gals,

This is my first post here so i would like to thank all the people who contribute to this great forum.

Ok here's the thing, I would like to become a licensed dentist in the US and i found out the path is to go through NBDE part 1 and then part 2 hopefully get some good scores and apply for an advanced standing program. Then I should apply for a loan and hopefully find a cosigner to help me get it.

The problem is that I don't have any sort of visa to the US. My best bet is to attend the NBDE exams on a visitor visa and then apply for the IDP program and. If i get accepted :xf: , should I then apply for a student visa based on the acceptance papers from the dental school? Does this sound logical or just plain stupid?

Did any of you guys went down this path regarding the visa?

thanks in advnce

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Blob its not at all Stupid , have seen many people following and entering through the same route, and gaining success too.. Keep up the good work , all the best!!

Hi guys/gals,

This is my first post here so i would like to thank all the people who contribute to this great forum.

Ok here's the thing, I would like to become a licensed dentist in the US and i found out the path is to go through NBDE part 1 and then part 2 hopefully get some good scores and apply for an advanced standing program. Then I should apply for a loan and hopefully find a cosigner to help me get it.

The problem is that I don't have any sort of visa to the US. My best bet is to attend the NBDE exams on a visitor visa and then apply for the IDP program and. If i get accepted :xf: , should I then apply for a student visa based on the acceptance papers from the dental school? Does this sound logical or just plain stupid?

Did any of you guys went down this path regarding the visa?

thanks in advnce
A good plan. Best wishes:luck: