IDP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drmouse

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Am trying to understand why they make it so diificult for international dentists to get into the dental schools in USA.

Also am trying to contact international students who have taken National boards Part I in the last one year or are going to take it in Dec.

Members don't see this ad.

Granted, any immigration/visa/language hoops may be very cumbersome for you. Past that, I don't believe a foreign trained dentist faces any more of a difficulty in obtaining admission to advanced standing programs at US dental schools than that which confronts US students who seek entrance into pre-doctoral programs. As a foreign trained dentist, you only need to convince the adcoms that you are well prepared to succeed in what amounts to the last two years of US dental school. Since that should be a repeat exercise for you, what is the beef?

P.S. I bet there are a lot of foreign trained MD's in the US who would give their eye teeth to have an opportunity to get into a US medical school as a MS-3.

Dear felows,

Iam an overseas dentist here in New York. Email me at [email protected]

to US dentists & ADA i have only one question..
Q: Why overseas Dentists have to repeat 2/3 years to get license in USA even after passing NBD exams etc, WHILE the doctors can directly practice after going through a series of exams??? Why it is not possible to devise an exam for overseas dentists to test the\re past education quality & so giving them license......