If a med school requirement was self castration would you still go into medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

engineeredout

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't see how this is even an option. If you really want to be a doctor you have to be willing to sacrifice at least one testicle to the cause.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
do i get to pick which one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hec yes, I'd trade one of my them for med school, no joke.

This is such an easy decision :p

Hmmm....what do you have to do if you are a girl?

What, no poll? How do you expect we compile the answers?

I thought I would be the first person to answer a strong HELL NO. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say a mastectomy, but I like boobs way too much for that to be an appealing option.

Hmmm....that would eliminate several of my stalkers...and then I could just get a Boob Job later and get even Better ones!!!! Ya I'd do it! :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Hmmm....that would eliminate several of my stalkers...and then I could just get a Boob Job later and get even Better ones!!!! Ya I'd do it! :laugh:

Fake books are gross though. If I wanted to play with silicon I'd fill a bowl with calk as a mold, then have a field day with it afterwards.

If you say no, then medicine is absolutely not for you. You must prioritize unconditional patient care over any desire for sex, even at the cost of pain, or else you are truly a very selfish and heartless person who has no business being a doctor. :D

I would, but ... how do you think I got into my undergrad? Yeesh!

You can't leave having one testicle as an option; it doesn't seem nearly as bad if you get to keep one. The only options you can give are med school-no testicles/female equivalent or no med school-both testicles/female equivalent.

You can't leave having one testicle as an option; it doesn't seem nearly as bad if you get to keep one. The only options you can give are med school-no testicles/female equivalent or no med school-both testicles/female equivalent.

You're taking this question WAY too seriously.

Testicles >>> med school

It's really a no-brainer. Med school is already soul crushing enough, my boys are what keep me going sometimes. Yay sex!

Silly pre-meds, what are some things you would NOT do to get in to med school? Obviously eating a poop hot dog and self castrating aren't enough.

Self-castration? Small price to pay for admission

Do you really have to do it YOURSELF?

'cause I know some vet students who are looking for practice....

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

That's like half the reason people do medicine! chicks money power chicks

Self-castration? Small price to pay for admission

I really wonder what you searched to pull this thread up from the grave. "If I castrate myself will it help my chances with med school" or perhaps "can I offer my balls to the adcom?"

I really wonder what you searched to pull this thread up from the grave. "If I castrate myself will it help my chances with med school" or perhaps "can I offer my balls to the adcom?"

That is exactly what I searched for, I mean who wouldn't give up a testicle for admission into your top choice.

No way man. I'm not going to risk or give up my posterity just to enter medical school.

Haha I'm queer so I guess there's less at risk for me :p

That's like half the reason people do medicine! chicks money power chicks

+1

I was just about to say that it eliminates 2 out of 4 reasons to go into medicine.

This is my favorite "would you still go into medicine if..." thread so far.

Seriously who the hell comes up with this stuff.

Better question, who decided it was a good idea to revive this ancient thread? Looking at you @amazing tekkers

Next on sdn, "Would you literally turn into a jet, bomb the Russians, fly into the sun, and then die, for medicine?" Stay tuned.

I don't see how this is even an option. If you really want to be a doctor you have to be willing to sacrifice at least one testicle to the cause.
If that's the case, then I don't give a LEFT NUT about Med School :D

Anybody else notice this thread is 6 years old? Living proof that pre-allo's level of sophistication has not changed. I'm quite proud.

Reactions: 4 users
The application cycle is pretty much over so people have plenty of time trolling here

It's always interesting to me how much of a difference there is between premed enthusiasm and med student enthusiasm. Premeds are apparently willing to castrate themselves and eat unmentionable things to get into med school, while 50% of med school classes suffer from burnout and 11% of them have suicidal ideation (fact credit goes to ismet). A very interesting dichotomy.

Last edited: