If a patient asked you to play a song so that she or he would feel better, what would that song be ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We're all gonna die - Malcolm Middletown

Rutgers New Jersey Medical School class of 2019!

Members don't see this ad.

For a sick patient who can use a pick me up:

"Here Comes the Sun" - the Beatles

Members don't see this ad :)
Had a friend sing "Happy Birthday" to a patient on the last day of his rotation.

Attending told him afterwards he decided to honor him right then.

information society - i want to know what you're feeling

So Fresh So Clean. It's just impossible to feel down when you listen to Outkast.

Something from Sosa, O block, bang bang. How you gonna stay down when you gettin turnt up?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel.

I've never clicked on this thread until now because I was always so bothered by the title. I'd be so damned annoyed if a patient asked me to play a song for them. But I realize that's because the only patients I've encountered over and over are the frequent fliers in the ED who don't have their own rooms. But yeah, I'm not playing you music of any sort.

It's kinda cheesy but it makes me immediately happy.

Something I can surf to, something I can dance to, or something I can get nostalgic to.
Examples, in that order:
Michael Franti - Say Hey
Vamos a la Playa - Loona
As I Lay Me Down - Sophie B. Hawkins

Last edited:
Easily givenchy or the Blanguage by young thug............EASILY...

Last edited:
Easily givenchy or the Blanguage by young thug............EASILY...
I get that not all rap music is supposed to have deep lyrics, but Young Thug? I don't get how the hell he got hyped up this much, dude sucks and he's biting migos flow anyways.

I get that not all rap music is supposed to have deep lyrics, but Young Thug? I don't get how the hell he got hyped up this much, dude sucks and he's biting migos flow anyways.
LOL I read that his net worth is 50k.

No hate, but in all honesty the south is killing rap music. They the most popular but their **** is wack as hell. Houston is a huge exception though, they always been on point.

Honestly, and i know that I'm gonna get a lot of hate for saying this, but in my opinion thug is one of the most talented and creative rappers out currently. I have never smiled so much in my life until I heard the blanguage or another song called bricks by thug and gucci. Seriously! Listen to givenchy after birdman gives his words of wisdom, when thug starts singing, dude has the voice of an angel lol. And biting the migos? No way. He might use that triplet flow from time to time but he has like 100,000 different flows that he'll use throughout one song.

No hate, but in all honesty the south is killing rap music. They the most popular but their **** is wack as hell. Houston is a huge exception though, they always been on point.
I feel like the south is changing rap for the better, especially the rappers and producers from Atlanta. Dont get me wrong, Jay Z and Kanye are my favorite rappers of all time but people tend to forget that rap is a genre of music, and music is categorized as a form of entertainment, and
en·ter·tain·ment
ˌen(t)ərˈtānmənt/
noun
  1. the action of providing or being provided with amusement or enjoyment.
If a rapper makes you bob your head, even if you have no clue what the heck he is saying, then the rapper has done his job as an entertainer.

I don't listen to any new rap. Although, I sincerely doubt that anyone currently comes close to Outkast, Goodie Mob, Scarface, Geto Boys, UGK (and others), from back in the day.
fb1342044850ff4bc9e461a3d2d880a9.953x953x1.jpg

"Rich Gang" lmao.
I live by what I called the border. lol I live in subdivision in this long road and on the crossroads there is ghetto apartments. One time I saw a busted a** Buick with a car decal that said, "Hood Rich." What?

Last edited:

you only live once - The Strokes

or jus tell em that bout the motto, ni**a, YOLO

No doubt, rap doesn't have to be deep and lyrical at all times. I enjoy Chief Keef from time to time, but the only **** that sounds alright from thug is lifestyle, but its more of a novelty for me lol. Chopped and screwed version sounds dope though. I can't **** with thug's overall persona though. Hes doing too much with calling his homes babes and all that, all that extra **** is what turned me away from his music right away.

I agree that the south is mad influential at the moment, and like I said, the most popular. It got rappers from NY ****ing with them (A$AP). I generalized a bit about the south, in all honesty its either hit or miss with them in my opinion. At the moment from the new cats Im feeling the a$ap mob and schoolboy q over most.

No doubt, rap doesn't have to be deep and lyrical at all times. I enjoy Chief Keef from time to time, but the only **** that sounds alright from thug is lifestyle, but its more of a novelty for me lol. Chopped and screwed version sounds dope though. I can't **** with thug's overall persona though. Hes doing too much with calling his homes babes and all that, all that extra **** is what turned me away from his music right away.

I agree that the south is mad influential at the moment, and like I said, the most popular. It got rappers from NY ******* with them (A$AP). I generalized a bit about the south, in all honesty its either hit or miss with them in my opinion. At the moment from the new cats Im feeling the a$ap mob and schoolboy q over most.
I dont listen to all the members of the asap mob but rocky is a beast on the mic. I just wish he'd drop more music although he is one of those rappers who doesnt have to flood the streets with new material to stay relevant. That chopped and screwed version of lifestyle is indeed dope though..