• It's our birthday!

Thank you to all our members and donors for supporting us for since 1999.

If EK books have soo many mistakes...

skyblue2000

10+ Year Member
Aug 11, 2009
  1. Medical Student
    I've read that the EK books have a lot of mistakes in them...but why do people use the 1001 books then if the answers (they provide) aren't reliable? Wouldn't you just end up studying the wrong material, if you're reviewing your answers and wouldn't even know if its truly correct?

PiBond

Call me Bond...PiBond
    10+ Year Member
    Aug 12, 2009
    Boston
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      I agree with you. I gave my EK1001 Organic/Gchem away after I found a string of mistakes about hydridization. I don't regret it at all. At the end of the day I opted for quality over quantity and I think it was a good choice for me. However, I will recommend EK 101 because I think it shows semblance to actual MCAT verbal passages.

LostInStudy

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Jan 14, 2008
      1. Pre-Medical
        Even though there are mistakes, they are good at getting the basics down. They ask you a question about 5 different ways and there isn't really another way to test the concepts other than passage based questions. I think they're still a good option for solid hardcore practice. They have mistakes here and there it's not like the whole book is filled with mistakes.

-LIS

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.