If EK books have soo many mistakes...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skyblue2000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read that the EK books have a lot of mistakes in them...but why do people use the 1001 books then if the answers (they provide) aren't reliable? Wouldn't you just end up studying the wrong material, if you're reviewing your answers and wouldn't even know if its truly correct?

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with you. I gave my EK1001 Organic/Gchem away after I found a string of mistakes about hydridization. I don't regret it at all. At the end of the day I opted for quality over quantity and I think it was a good choice for me. However, I will recommend EK 101 because I think it shows semblance to actual MCAT verbal passages.

Even though there are mistakes, they are good at getting the basics down. They ask you a question about 5 different ways and there isn't really another way to test the concepts other than passage based questions. I think they're still a good option for solid hardcore practice. They have mistakes here and there it's not like the whole book is filled with mistakes.

-LIS