If get accepted, when is the dealine to complete pre-reqs???

X

xxxTheDonxxx

if you get accepted, let's say...Dec 1st 2006, and you have 2 semesters of physics to complete before you enter dental school, when is the dealine to complete that? Can we use summer school to complete both physics before we enter? What if someone got accepted and got an F in physics and he has to rely on summer school for a second chance? I know Indiana wants you to complete everything before June 30th (this is only enough to complete 1 course of physics :( ). to complete, usually it takes at least august 1st to complete both physics. Anyone?

L8DYV

refreshing
10+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2005
North Bay Area, CA
Status
Resident [Any Field]
xxxTheDonxxx said:
if you get accepted, let's say...Dec 1st 2006, and you have 2 semesters of physics to complete before you enter dental school, when is the dealine to complete that? Can we use summer school to complete both physics before we enter? What if someone got accepted and got an F in physics and he has to rely on summer school for a second chance? I know Indiana wants you to complete everything before June 30th (this is only enough to complete 1 course of physics :( ). to complete, usually it takes at least august 1st to complete both physics. Anyone?
From my experience, it seems most schools want pre-reqs done the spring before matriculation (not during the summer). To be sure, check with each individual school.

OP
X

xxxTheDonxxx

L8DYV said:
From my experience, it seems most schools want pre-reqs done the spring before matriculation (not during the summer). To be sure, check with each individual school.
so for those who got accepted and failed physics during the spring, they're done? such a harsh punishment. Anyone else know the deadline for the preregs?

About the Ads

Lucass

RunswithPredents
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2006
California
Status
Pre-Dental
xxxTheDonxxx said:
so for those who got accepted and failed physics during the spring, they're done? such a harsh punishment. Anyone else know the deadline for the preregs?
He's right. I had the same concern... and most d-schools I looked into wanted 'em done by the end of Spring.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status
Dentist
I disagree. Most dental schools want the prereqs completed prior to matriculation, whenever that may be. For some the Spring semester or term may be the last chance prior to beginning school. Other dental schools start in September, so students may be able to squeeze in courses during a summer term or summer school.

Even further, I personally contacted several schools when I applied, and they were all willing to waive a semester of Physics for me, so it's worth looking into. That was four years ago, though.

reapply2007

10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2006
Status
Dental Student
The school should let you know. I had a lady in my spring cell bio class that was accepted on condition of completing cell bio. Long story short - she dropped after midterms. She said she could retake it in the summer.

This seems like a lot of pressure to put on yourself, but I'm assuming she finished and did all of the new student stuff and fees, plus moved, and got ready for fall classes all while taking cell bio over the summer.

About the Ads