If House (from the show House, M.D.) was your interviewer...

Aug 8, 2009
Status
Medical Student
If Dr. Gregory House were real and on the ADCOM of a certain medical school, wouldn't he make an awesome interviewer? I wonder what a typical interview for him would go like...

WeAreNotRobots

doctor of medicine
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2008
u.s.a.
Status
Resident [Any Field]
first, he'd enter the room with that "teardrop" song playing in the background...

gettheleadout

MS-4
Moderator Emeritus
7+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2010
Status
Medical Student

Dr McSexy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
He'd probably be an *******...

girlofgrace7

10+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2007
California
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
If you really want to know, watch the episode where he interviews to find another member of his team. You had better wear the right shoes...

Morzh

SDN Lifetime Donor
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Whatever you do just don't say anything even remotely cliche

Dec 21, 2008
Status
Attending Physician
If Dr. Gregory House were real and on the ADCOM of a certain medical school, wouldn't he make an awesome interviewer? I wonder what a typical interview for him would go like...
Maybe from an observational standpoint, but I don't think you'd find it so awesome to be on the receiving end of his questions/criticisms.

CaptainSSO

7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2010
Status
Medical Student, Resident [Any Field]
Maybe from an observational standpoint, but I don't think you'd find it so awesome to be on the receiving end of his questions/criticisms.
Haha agreed. I still haven't watched all the seasons yet...

soundnin

7+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2010
lost in translation
Status
MD/PhD Student
it'd be the easiest interview ever. just don't react to his childish comments, be as degrading and offensive as you possibly can, and be able to make snide but smart observations about the people around you. hahaha.

Algophiliac

Someday...
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
Hopefully it'd have a happy ending. :smuggrin:

Since you already know so much about your interviewer, hit him from every possible angle, completely tear him down, toss your resume on his desk, and walk out in envy-inspiring shoes. You're so hired. And you'd probably get a date with Wilson, too...

addo

7+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2010
Texas
Status
I would just get up and walk out... maybe tell him if he wants to meet me at the nearest bar on the way out.

orthomyxo

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
He's probably tell you to solve some ridiculous riddle or something. Then when you solve it he'd reject you anyway just because you're wearing a stupid tie.

Isoprop

Fascinating, tell me more
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2007
Status
Medical Student
He would make a horrible interviewer. If someone like House interviewed me, I would probably withdraw my application. His attitude is funny and entertaining on TV but it would be a serious problem in real life.

wolverinepwns

Si vis pacem, para bellum
7+ Year Member
May 9, 2010
Asgard
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I would bust out a chess set and ask him "black or white?"

fahimaz7

15+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2004
Colorado
Status
Attending Physician
Mine basically was. Retired vascular surgeon who had a reputation for being a hardass. Funny thing is, the faculty now call me a young version of him. Good stuff. He doesn't tolerate any bull****.