If I accept a dental school can I later reject them for another school?

pumapunk07

10+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Hello, I have a problem I hope can be easily resolved. I have already been accepted to USC, but my 45 days is up by mid January. USC is a school I would love to attend, but they are not my number one choice. If I have no other better offers by USC's deadline I am going to accept their offer for admission. My problem is I would really like to go to UCLA or UW. If I accept USC, but then later on gain admission to either of these schools can I reject USC even after I have accepted? And is it possible to do this without having losing any deposit fees I pay at USC or if I revoke my admissions from USC are they going to keep my deposit? Thanks!

Ranelar

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2008
Status
Dental Student
Hello, I have a problem I hope can be easily resolved. I have already been accepted to USC, but my 45 days is up by mid January. USC is a school I would love to attend, but they are not my number one choice. If I have no other better offers by USC's deadline I am going to accept their offer for admission. My problem is I would really like to go to UCLA or UW. If I accept USC, but then later on gain admission to either of these schools can I reject USC even after I have accepted? And is it possible to do this without having losing any deposit fees I pay at USC or if I revoke my admissions from USC are they going to keep my deposit? Thanks!
You can reject them at any point. Your admissions packet will have info about what they do with the deposit. They don't refund the $500, they refund a portion of the $3000 total if you reject them before a certain date (Julyish?) I forget the details. Look at your packet.

About the Ads