If i am taking the august MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

who1shu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! If i am taking the august MCAT, will I be able to apply for the med schools which have the deadline on oct 15? a lot of schools have that deadline...will it be a problem?

thank you:)

Members don't see this ad.

who1shu said:
Hey guys! If i am taking the august MCAT, will I be able to apply for the med schools which have the deadline on oct 15? a lot of schools have that deadline...will it be a problem?

thank you:)

If you score comes out before then and you've already applied you are fine.

If it comes out after then you are out of luck.

Anything else?

so i could potentially have my secondaries in after the mcat...and then, AMCAS will automatically release my scores to all the schools?

does AMCAS usually try to get the scores out before this OCT 15 deadline?

bananaboat said:
so i could potentially have my secondaries in after the mcat...and then, AMCAS will automatically release my scores to all the schools?

You would probably want to have everything in before you see your scores, or risk being a late applicant. Yes AMCAS automatically releases the scores.

bananaboat said:

You will get secondaries right after you submit regardless of your MCAT score. (For the most part).

So you should send in your Letters of Rec and everything else way before your MCAT score comes in in October.