• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
Jul 24, 2011
Status
Pre-Dental
Would they give first priority to residents who are currently studying undergrad at a Texas university?

Although I'm a Texas resident, I have been studying in Pennsylvania for high school and for college. Does that look bad on applications?

Mar 13, 2011
Status
Pre-Dental
If you are still a Texas resident who happens to be going to an out-of-state university when you apply then I don't think they will give preference to Texas residents who study at Texas universities over you. I went to an out of state school myself when I applied, still maintained my Texas residency, and got into my school of choice. I think there are two pools of people the admissions committee sees you're either a "Texas resident" or "non-resident". I think the quality of your university is actually taken into account, not the location.

Jul 24, 2011
Status
Pre-Dental
If you are still a Texas resident who happens to be going to an out-of-state university when you apply then I don't think they will give preference to Texas residents who study at Texas universities over you. I went to an out of state school myself when I applied, still maintained my Texas residency, and got into my school of choice. I think there are two pools of people the admissions committee sees you're either a "Texas resident" or "non-resident". I think the quality of your university is actually taken into account, not the location.

About the Ads