If I applied to a Texas Dental School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fortheart

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would they give first priority to residents who are currently studying undergrad at a Texas university?

Although I'm a Texas resident, I have been studying in Pennsylvania for high school and for college. Does that look bad on applications?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are still a Texas resident who happens to be going to an out-of-state university when you apply then I don't think they will give preference to Texas residents who study at Texas universities over you. I went to an out of state school myself when I applied, still maintained my Texas residency, and got into my school of choice. I think there are two pools of people the admissions committee sees you're either a "Texas resident" or "non-resident". I think the quality of your university is actually taken into account, not the location.

If you are still a Texas resident who happens to be going to an out-of-state university when you apply then I don't think they will give preference to Texas residents who study at Texas universities over you. I went to an out of state school myself when I applied, still maintained my Texas residency, and got into my school of choice. I think there are two pools of people the admissions committee sees you're either a "Texas resident" or "non-resident". I think the quality of your university is actually taken into account, not the location.