If I bypass my committee LOR for better letters from profs that know me better..

Morsetlis

I wish I were a dentist
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2010
The "Garden" State
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Submit a pre-med committee package because it's required if you have one (most med schools have this policy). Use Interfolio to submit additional letters outside of the committee letter.

OP
C
Mar 12, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Submit a pre-med committee package because it's required if you have one (most med schools have this policy). Use Interfolio to submit additional letters outside of the committee letter.
If the other letters paint a different picture of me, how will the admissions committee look at this?

Morsetlis

I wish I were a dentist
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2010
The "Garden" State
Status
Resident [Any Field]
How would you look at this?

Lol..

OP
C
Mar 12, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
How would you look at this?

Lol..
The first few profs that I met didn't have a good first impression of me. My later profs have a better idea of my character, so I figured their letters would be more relevant.

Morsetlis

I wish I were a dentist
7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2010
The "Garden" State
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Going from "didn't know applicant very well but he has great potentials" to "omg he's amazing he worked for me 100 hours a week" aren't different pictures. They're just different points of view of the same person.

Different would be "very disruptive in class, barely earned a C-" to "invaluable in advancing this paper to being published in Nature".