If I ever hear someone say

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does it reflect poorly on me if this post is the highlight of my Friday night? I almost cried from laughing so hard. You, sir/ma'am, are awesome.

Srs though: A pokemon match would make for the best medical school interview maybe ever.

Edit: I kept laughing after I posted this and literally sobbed.

Members don't see this ad.

May or may not have downloaded an emulator + leaf green onto my computer on finishing reading this thread...

Members don't see this ad :)
May or may not have downloaded an emulator + leaf green onto my computer on finishing reading this thread...

Find, I'll join in :mad:.

Pokemon Sapphire or die.

But Leaf Green is better for reminiscing about Gen I!
I approve of your choice, xGeorgettex.

Signed,
Proud owner of a Leaf Green

Oh yeah, and for the topic of the thread - the fire hose analogy doesn't bother me.

But Leaf Green is better for reminiscing about Gen I!
I approve of your choice, xGeorgettex.

Signed,
Proud owner of a Leaf Green

Oh yeah, and for the topic of the thread - the fire hose analogy doesn't bother me.

Leaf Green ftw. I beat it during the first half of break.

warcraft-nerd-south-park.jpg

Umadbro?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

And I think there are some questions that are worth asking and answering. This forum is the best place to do that.

Haters gonna hate. And if you really think you're going to faze me, then think again. You're talking to a Misc addict here.

Certainly, certainly. Many of your questions were definitely worth asking and others would do well to pay close attention. And a misc addict? I would have never guessed due to the high quality of your posting. It looks as though each one of your submissions were carefully thought out before the submit button was pressed.

Oddish is cuter. I'll evolve into a Gloom when I matriculate to Med School. When I enter Residency I'll be a Vileplume!

You're more of a diglet imo

See what I mean? It happened again.

Normal thought process when I see a thread posted by HughMyron.

1. I will ignore it.
2. Few hours later, the thread has 50+ posts. *sigh* I guess I will read it.
3. Read it.
4. Instantly regret reading it.

Dang thing happens every time.

Does it reflect poorly on me if this post is the highlight of my Friday night? I almost cried from laughing so hard. You, sir/ma'am, are awesome.

Srs though: A pokemon match would make for the best medical school interview maybe ever.

Glad I could bring joy :D

See what I mean? It happened again.

You know what? I used to be annoyed at you, but now I kind of pity you. Because you seem to have this idea that the value of an Internet forum, specifically the premedical forums here, should be strictly instrumental. You would like to see the premedical boards become an orgy of "Chance me at BU," "do I need Biochem for the MCAT," "What ECs should I do," etc.

Believe it or not, some people have a different view of the Internet. Some of us don't see any harm in talking about stuff only tangentially related to premed life, or just having fun in general. The threads I make all deal with some aspect of being a premed or a physician. So what's wrong with having a bit of fun along the way?

You seem to have a lot of annoyance and anger towards me. I wonder why you don't direct that towards someone like loveoforganic2, who was encouraging a user to commit suicide. Because I think that's much more offensive than anything I've come up with.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know what? I used to be annoyed at you, but now I kind of pity you. Because you seem to have this idea that the value of an Internet forum, specifically the premedical forums here, should be strictly instrumental. You would like to see the premedical boards become an orgy of "Chance me at BU," "do I need Biochem for the MCAT," "What ECs should I do," etc.

Believe it or not, some people have a different view of the Internet. Some of us don't see any harm in talking about stuff only tangentially related to premed life, or just having fun in general.

You seem to have a lot of annoyance and anger towards me. I wonder why you don't direct that towards someone like loveoforganic2, who was encouraging a user to commit suicide. Because I think that's much more offensive than anything I've come up with.

See: Class of.... threads or the Lounge. That's where people dick around and rant about stupid med school metaphors.

We try to keep this forum as easy to access and browse as possible. Pushing relevant information down by making threads like this is counterproductive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

See: Class of.... threads or the Lounge. That's where people dick around and rant about stupid med school metaphors.

We try to keep this forum as easy to access and browse as possible. Pushing relevant information down by making threads like this is counterproductive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SDN Mobile

I don't see a forum titled "The Lounge." :(

Reminds me of the horror stories in which surgeons have to play Operation at res interviews

It's either post count or length of membership dependent, as I am not a donor.

Agreed, I see it as well, though I've never posted there. I thought it was just the misc of SDN.

But the difference is that when you go to a chinese food buffet, normal people (not me of course) have the option of saying, "no thanks, I have had enough." Or you could go the next day and say, "I had the pizza and now i don't feel like it, so I am going to have the chicken fried rice." medicine isn't like that. if you are going to use the chinese food analogy, it has got to be more like, "you have to eat one half cup of every single thing we have at this buffet, and if you don't, you can never eat again."

This is 'Murica! No one stops when they think they've had enough to eat. You stop eating when you hate yourself.

This is 'Murica! No one stops when they think they've had enough to eat. You stop eating when you hate yourself.

And when you start to hate yourself, we've got pills for that. :thumbup:

Believe it or not, some people have a different view of the Internet. Some of us don't see any harm in talking about stuff only tangentially related to premed life, or just having fun in general. The threads I make all deal with some aspect of being a premed or a physician. So what's wrong with having a bit of fun along the way?

Pity away.

You can be mad at me for posting about the worthlessness of this thread. As others have pointed out, there are threads for joking around, posting nonsense, having conversations, etc.

And I am not angry at anyone. I just like to keep the forums clean. When I used to search for information in the early years of my undergrad, I would get annoyed when someone would ask a serious question, get a few serious responses and then it would go downhill. Having to read through a bunch of nonsense wasn't the end of the world, but it could have been way easier.

Heck, I even answer people when they post easily searchable material and other members just say "use the search feature."

If you don't like me, that's fine. I can easily not read any of your future posts or threads. That should solve the problem. Best of luck with your future endeavors.

Pity away.

You can be mad at me for posting about the worthlessness of this thread. As others have pointed out, there are threads for joking around, posting nonsense, having conversations, etc.

And I am not angry at anyone. I just like to keep the forums clean. When I used to search for information in the early years of my undergrad, I would get annoyed when someone would ask a serious question, get a few serious responses and then it would go downhill. Having to read through a bunch of nonsense wasn't the end of the world, but it could have been way easier.

Heck, I even answer people when they post easily searchable material and other members just say "use the search feature."

If you don't like me, that's fine. I can easily not read any of your future posts or threads. That should solve the problem. Best of luck with your future endeavors.

I woke up just in time I see. :uhno:

'Merkah

I woke up just in time I see. :uhno:

What's there to see? He mad cause he mirin, and that's about it.

And he didn't address the point about loveoforganic2. I guess according to BABSstudent, encouraging suicide is totally acceptable, but a thread goes a bit off topic? Crime against humanity!

What's there to see? He mad cause he mirin, and that's about it.

And he didn't address the point about loveoforganic2. I guess according to BABSstudent, encouraging suicide is totally acceptable, but a thread goes a bit off topic? Crime against humanity!

Well it is against the ToS to call people out by name. And I have never seen the post so that is why I did not comment on it. I don't quite see the logic jump about me encouraging suicide though.

Well it is against the ToS to call people out by name. And I have never seen the post so that is why I did not comment on it. I don't quite see the logic jump about me encouraging suicide though.

You sure like to misread what I'm saying, right? Anyways, I never said you encouraged suicide, I said that you found it acceptable.

And I thought "calling out by name" referred to their actual name/email. Because honestly, there's no difference between saying the name and linking to their posts, which I've done below.

Medical school is like drinking from a fire hydrant in terms of the information rate.

Please god don't disappoint me now.

Disappointment

Last edited:
This thread makes me smile. Then cringe. Then smile again.

HughMyron,

For the heck of it, I read some of your posts, and I actually like them. I think people just want to get a rise out of you my man.

:cool: hater blockers

HughMyron,

For the heck of it, I read some of your posts, and I actually like them. I think people just want to get a rise out of you my man.

:cool: hater blockers

3oezta.jpg

Ohh come on.. I'll bite... I can't be the only one that found it kind of offensive to call Morgan Freeman Denzel Washington can I? let alone acknowledge it....

:laugh: To be 100% honest, I didn't notice that. I don't think I even read it, as I know who stars in Seven :p

But really, my point in responding to Agent B was that I'm like 80% sure he hasn't seen Seven. We had a list going in 2016 for "movies that Agent B needs to watch"

:laugh: To be 100% honest, I didn't notice that. I don't think I even read it, as I know who stars in Seven :p

But really, my point in responding to Agent B was that I'm like 80% sure he hasn't seen Seven. We had a list going in 2016 for "movies that Agent B needs to watch"

:laugh: inb4 all black people look alike.

Oh man.. I'm not going to go digging through that thread.. but Se7en is a necessary watch for sure... I'm not sure I want to know the others out of fear/sadness

:laugh: inb4 all black people look alike.

Oh man.. I'm not going to go digging through that thread.. but Se7en is a necessary watch for sure... I'm not sure I want to know the others out of fear/sadness

lolwut.

Oh great, not this again. :uhno: