• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

If I got in SO CAN YOU! Suspended-low gpa-avg MCAT

AStudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
    Rioting, eh?

jdawson12 said:
    I began this new year on a great note. On January 3rd, I was accepted to a state SOM as an out of stater and I have interviewed at other schools, public and private across the country. I have no connections to any admissions committees, I just worked hard to make up for my lesser qualifications. My stats are as follows:

GPA 3.0
    MCAT 30
    Suspended from my University for making a big mistake (worse than drugs or alcohol, but still non-violent) Arrested but expunged.

All of this was disclosed to each SOM. But I emphasized that my mistake was a life altering mistake (which it was). I worked hard and did all the right things for the past 3+ years. If I got in, you can too.

VFrank

Wildcat
    10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Jun 16, 2004
      jdawson12 said:
      I began this new year on a great note. On January 3rd, I was accepted to a state SOM as an out of stater and I have interviewed at other schools, public and private across the country. I have no connections to any admissions committees, I just worked hard to make up for my lesser qualifications. My stats are as follows:

GPA 3.0
      MCAT 30
      Suspended from my University for making a big mistake (worse than drugs or alcohol, but still non-violent) Arrested but expunged.

All of this was disclosed to each SOM. But I emphasized that my mistake was a life altering mistake (which it was). I worked hard and did all the right things for the past 3+ years. If I got in, you can too.

Wow, you're gonna make a fabulous doctor ...

About the Ads

SaltySqueegee

El Rey de Salsa
      10+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Jul 10, 2003
      www.studentdoctor.net
      1. MD/PhD Student
        jdawson12 said:
        If I got in, you can too.
        Good job... prove the adcoms right.

and no... not everyone can too. Otherwise we would have approx 3-4 times the number of students in medical school that we have now.

Anyways, best of luck on your future path as a doctor. It sure does feel sweet, huh.

Regards,

-Salty :thumbup:

nabeel76

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Nov 10, 2004
          What kind of EC's do you have?

jdawson12 said:

GPA 3.0
          MCAT 30

Sparky Man

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Sep 3, 2004
          1. Medical Student
            jdawson12 said:

GPA 3.0
            MCAT 30

ok, i'm dying to know what you did. can you give any more hints?

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.