if i submit today, am i still early?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chos

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i know it is an annoying question, but i am just curious.

Members don't see this ad.

you are earlier than those who submit tomorrow, and later than those who submitted yesterday.

hope this helps!

Robizzle said:
you are earlier than those who submit tomorrow, and later than those who submitted yesterday.

hope this helps!
cheeky :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
yes, you're still early - a real key is once you get your secondaries - just bang those out and get them out asap - thats what really sets apart people - alot of people sit on them for a while....

considering that amcas was open for submission in june and schools have deadlines mostly on october or november 15th, you're almost halfway there, so i'd say you're right on time.

and wizeguy, i''m sure we've all seen posts that are many times worse than robizzle's in terms of sarcasm. his was pretty harmless. :)

i think as long as you submit before the end of august you're fine.

you're right - its just after a while...doesn't it get old??? ya know?

maybe im on edge today a bit - if that's why - i apologize for coming down so hard rob

wizeguy said:
yes, you're still early - a real key is once you get your secondaries - just bang those out and get them out asap - thats what really sets apart people - alot of people sit on them for a while....

i can appreciate sarcasm at its finest - but your post was just useless rob - i have been noticing more and more on these message boards, the useless sarcastic post in hopes of being funny - and truth be told, yours was neither witty nor funny

why am i responding as such? because sometimes there is credence to the idea that if you don't have anything positive to contribute (and clearly this post was just someone looking for some help), don't contribute at all then....this wasn't some person asking "will i get into harvard with a 42, a 4.0, and a first-authored nature paper, will I?" just my thoughts - of course, if you enjoy your comments, far be it for me to make you change them.

Geez. What is your problem? Not only are you off topic in this thread, but you're being a dick. Calm down.

OP, early for what? If you submit the first day of June, but don't get your secondaries/LOR in until September, then your application obviously is late and the fact that you submitted first day of June doesn't really matter!

If you submit and then get your secondaries out on a timely basis and ensure your LOR's have arrived, you'll be in good shape. :luck:

chos said:
i know it is an annoying question, but i am just curious.

Yes, you are still early. AMCAS has only been open for a little longer than a month, and MCAT scores have only been back less than a month.

Amcas stays open for another 3 months, and they will be getting applications up until October.

SDN generally has pre-meds who are are a little more crazy about this process ( me included) so even though you may feel behind after looking at this website, you are really ahead of the general applicant pool.