If I take pre-req course during my graduate program, does it count as the post-bacc GPA on the med application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunjoonkim0

cucumbervirus
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am planning to attend the MS neuroscience program this coming spring.
If I decide to take some of the pre-req courses during my graduate program, would these be counted as Post-Bacc GPA or Graduate GPA in my medical school application?

Members don't see this ad.

If they are going to count toward a graduate degree, they will go into your graduate GPA.

Members don't see this ad :)
what if the course is unrelated to the graduate degree (eg physics)?
"Assign Postbaccalaureate (PB) status to any undergraduate-level coursework you enrolled in:
° After receipt of your initial BA/BS degree.
° While enrolled in a graduate program, if coursework is not applied to a graduate degree."

Bottom line - the decider is not whether or not it is "related" to the degree. It's whether or not the credits you receive are applied towards the degree.

Why is this a concern? If you need the grades to be UG for GPA repair, why are you bothering with the graduate degree? Is it for Plan B, or do you think it will help your med school application? It won't.

Reactions: 1 user
"Assign Postbaccalaureate (PB) status to any undergraduate-level coursework you enrolled in:
° After receipt of your initial BA/BS degree.
° While enrolled in a graduate program, if coursework is not applied to a graduate degree."

Bottom line - the decider is not whether or not it is "related" to the degree. It's whether or not the credits you receive are applied towards the degree.

Why is this a concern? If you need the grades to be UG for GPA repair, why are you bothering with the graduate degree? Is it for Plan B, or do you think it will help your med school application? It won't.
^^^This.
Why are you doing a degree program ?

Reactions: 1 user