If I was complete in September/October, when can I expect to hear back?

premed0205

7+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi, I was wondering if one of you SDNers could provide me with some advice on when I can expect to hear back from schools.

I was complete at most schools in September and October. Is it still too early to start getting worried about not hearing back?

Thanks in advance!

Ursa

woof
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Hi, I was wondering if one of you SDNers could provide me with some advice on when I can expect to hear back from schools.

I was complete at most schools in September and October. Is it still too early to start getting worried about not hearing back?

Thanks in advance!

Stats?

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
Camp SDN: The Place for Summer Fun
It depends on how competitive you are for a given school, and which school it is. You might hear in the next 2 weeks or before 5 months go by. For an idea of how individual schools are responding, check out the School Specific threads that you'll see at the top of the Pre-Med Allo Forum to see the experience of other members. Meanwhile, keep improving some components of your application for the sake of future update letters.

Uisa

10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I am in the same boat as the OP. I have been checking the school specific threads a lot lately, but it seems to me that people who are contributing are the people who have already gotten in. Not much about Interview invites or when people are complete and etc. (at least at the schools I applied to)

Can anyone else chime in? Perhaps people who have already gone through the process before?

Thanks

StephBee

5+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Well I was complete late october/november and haven't heard anything besides a rejection from case western.

Keep us updated as you all hear things! I know there are more people out there who apply late than we really like to admit so we must ban together! :p

murfettie

10+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2008
Status
Medical Student
similar time line
2 invites - ivy. after sending in the area email
1 reject from uc davis - a friend of mine got an invite at the same time to davis, she was completed around the same time. she hasn't heard much yet other than this one interview either..