EBI831

legend in the making
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2006
Chi-town royalty
Status
Medical Student
hey i don't know how to set up these poll things and i really get tired of them. just wondering what the majority of people guess. cuz i haven't decided on a letter yet...was gonna go with d because it's in my last name but d tends to be all of the above in those roman numeral ones and that's not always right so what do you pick? and plus i've been getting rammed in the back whenever i picked D in the past

About the Ads

wutwinb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 26, 2006
Somewhere over the rainbow
Status
Pre-Medical
my third grade teacher told me to always pick C if i don't know...i've always done that, all guessing is just chance though

H and D

10+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2006
Minnesota
Status
Pre-Medical
I also heard to pick C but I am not sure if there is a good reason for that.

darkblue0210

10+ Year Member
May 17, 2006
CO
Status
Pre-Medical
My teacher told me to always pick B for bastards and that works for me.

Summer Sweet

Le chéri, c'est la vie
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I just randomly guess...and bubble with fury!

Okay now to be serious, I usually just start at A and make a criss cross down the column, back again, etc. =P Of course, I'm referring to the unfinished passages...my fingers are crossed that I'll finish the one this Saturday, instead of falling asleep in the sections :( .

So anyway, I heard once that when people write multiple choice, they like to make the answer in the middle, meaning B or C. So you could always alternate between the two.

akinf

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2004
Canada
Status
Medical Student
If it is all random, then in an ideal situation each letter will appear 25% of the time. So, to theoretically maximize your chance of getting that 25%, it doesn't matter which letter you choose, as long as you choose the same one every time. Sometimes it work well, sometimes it doesn't....I usually go with C.

geno2568

10+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2006
Ithaca, NY
Status
Pre-Medical
i remember on the ap test, my teacher told me that the test writers were not allowed to create patterns, so u'l never see a long ababab pattern, or 4 or any letter in a row

i dont know if this is true for mcats, but if its a guess, might as well pretend its true

oxeye

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]

UMP

Recovered Under-Achiever
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
if I have to do it completely blindly, I try to repeat another pattern on the scantron... if I have to guess b/c I have no clue what the answer is, it all depends on the question type, sometimes a, sometimes c, sometimes d... I won't bore you with the details, but it's a great system :D

UMP

Recovered Under-Achiever
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
BrettBatchelor said:
I try to go with something unused in awhile.

:thumbup: I get really nervous on practice tests when I bubble 4 or even 3 of the same letter in a row... usually one of them ends up being wrong... :mad: I don't think I have seen a single stretch of 4 of the same letters on a practice test... maybe once, but I can't be sure. I've definitely had 4 letters in a row quite a few times and ended up with usually the 2nd or 3rd one wrong

Moses MD

I got a staff
10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I don't guess, I just yell as loud as I can and point at the blank answer bubble in anger.

Hasn't worked thus far though :(

Frank Hardy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Just create your own bubble and fill it in. :)

Or if it is greater than two questions alternate (eg. a,b,a,b or a,d,a,d, etc.)

About the Ads