If Medical Schools were Girls.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wow, my first real post ever and I'm confused for someone else. The only other account I have is TKDdreamer and I lost the password. But seriously, I thought it was funny. If flatearth was posting stuff like this and giving people serious advice, I'd call him incompetent too.:)

Members don't see this ad.

This post was hilarious. A lot of hate for the poster from some of the people on these boards though.

Bored at work, thought of a few analogies comparing med schools to girls. Feel free to add more to the list:

The All-Around Girl: This is the girl in high school who was valedictorian, class president, played multiple varsity sports, and still somehow managed to have a bangin’ body, cute face, and great personality. All the other girls envied her while all the guys dreamed of someday marrying her. She is, in a word, complete.
Examples: UCSF, Penn [only schools to rank in the top 10 in both research and primary care on USNews, both have amazing resources, funding, and alumni network]

The Girl Next Door: She might not be as flashy as the others but she’s dependable and always a good hand to have. Very low maintenance, the girl next door favors you over the other guys because you spent your childhood skipping stones and playing “doctor” together. While many guys gravitate to the girl next door, for others the familiarity breeds contempt and they just have to get away.
Example: Your local state school(s). [Cheap, familiar, easier to get in, gets the job done]

The Ugly Sister: This girl doesn’t have much going for her except for the fact that her sister is super hot. That alone gets her attention from guys who hope that by dating the uglier sister they can move on up to her hotter counterpart down the road (i.e. for residency). Also known as the Khloe Kardashian of med schools.
Example: Drexel, Rush [with Penn and NW/UChicago, respectively, playing the role of the hot sister]

The Size Queen: She’s all about those big, long, thick, throbbing….MCAT scores. If you aren’t sporting at least a 35R don’t even think about asking her out. The Size Queen laughs unabashedly at tiny MCAT scores while her eyes light up like Christmas at the sight of the really big ones. Every cycle she hopes that she will finally slay her Moby Dick : the elusive 45T-incher.
Examples: WashU, Michigan [both known for this kind of behavior]

The Tease: She’s all over you at the club, on the taxi ride back to your place, and even when you’re walking up to the door. But once you get inside she suddenly decides she’s not ready to have sex with you. Seriously?!?!?
Example: GWU [no screened secondary, interviews a ton of people but only accepts ~25% of interviewees]

Your creativity is refreshing in such tense times.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why do I sense this is an alternate flatearth account?

The post itself doesn't really offend me tbh, and I never said it did.

My proclivity for posting gifs as narrative to my commentary has nothing to do with the observation that when flatearth is at a loss for words, he just posts a jpeg. It's not an original observation either:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=11217007&postcount=69

which is why I said the flatearth postulate was holding fast.
You probably think I'm an alternate cause I was defending the post and the general consesus around here for some is to bash the guy. A red flag?

I don't know this guys track record here and wasn't sure where you were coming from. But you could see how not having context would lead to my reply. His picture said enough about the situation, haters gonna hate, for a few of the other posts that attacked him directly that I thought he wouldn't need to respond to them in any other way.

I had seen some of your posts from the class of 2016 and you do like to narrate with gif, while this dude was narrating via jpg and no commentary; w/o knowing his background I couldn't see the beef. So I made a brief comment /mysideofthestory

Think of medical school as a girl you are trying to date. You laid the ground work, you asked her out - now you wait for her reply. Send a text to remind her but don't send a gift basket to ask for that first date!

lol

So does that mean i have a better chance of having sex with a girl if i'm URM? :confused:

Being a URM means having an accent... so... yes. (Unless you're the wrong minority -- Asian for most med schools...and possibly women as well if some SDN posters are to be believed -- then that's a negative.)

I could definitely incorporate "The Gold Digger" into some schools...

You probably think I'm an alternate cause I was defending the post and the general consesus around here for some is to bash the guy. A red flag?

I don't know this guys track record here and wasn't sure where you were coming from. But you could see how not having context would lead to my reply. His picture said enough about the situation, haters gonna hate, for a few of the other posts that attacked him directly that I thought he wouldn't need to respond to them in any other way.

I had seen some of your posts from the class of 2016 and you do like to narrate with gif, while this dude was narrating via jpg and no commentary; w/o knowing his background I couldn't see the beef. So I made a brief comment /mysideofthestory

How could you possibly have any clout or have "your side" of the story be taken seriously without knowing his background?

Oh, right. You don't. You just make half-a**ed judgement calls.

So the DO schools would be the fat chicks who are gainfully employed but with marginal personalities and creepy over obsessions with their dogs and put sweaters on them and/or refer to them as their "baby" or their "child" and have some basic standards for dating but overall can't be very selective.

So the DO schools would be the fat chicks who are gainfully employed but with marginal personalities and creepy over obsessions with their dogs and put sweaters on them and/or refer to them as their "baby" or their "child" and have some basic standards for dating but overall can't be very selective.

lololololololol never expected that from an attending :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
lololololololol never expected that from an attending :rolleyes:

Attendings usually have the Physician sign next to them because they are verified by SDN. Based on the lack of that sign, minimum posts and most importantly trollish posts sirenomelia made in the past he/she is most likely a premed that simply selected "attending" instead of premed and still does not have the credentials to verify themselves as a Physician with SDN. I could change my status from Medical Student into attending too want me to do it? I've got double the posts than him lol

Fat chicks need love too.

Attendings usually have the Physician sign next to them because they are verified by SDN. Based on the lack of that sign, minimum posts and most importantly trollish posts sirenomelia made in the past he/she is most likely a premed that simply selected "attending" instead of premed and still does not have the credentials to verify themselves as a Physician with SDN. I could change my status from Medical Student into attending too want me to do it? I've got double the posts than him lol

I have more credentials and education than you and your entire degenerate inbred family tree put together and have nothing to prove to a public forum website nor some judgemental pre-pubescent ignoramous as yourself.

I thought i did a good job with my sarcasm ? i guess i didn't.

I have more credentials and education than you and your entire degenerate inbred family tree put together and have nothing to prove to a public forum website nor some judgemental pre-pubescent ignoramous as yourself.

I'll believe it when I see the physician icon next to your name. Until then you're nothing to me.

Does anyone know how I can get the rocket scientist icon?

You have to come from a rocket scientist background (srs).

I can provide credentials. Spent a summer working for Boeing on the space shuttle main engines down at Johnson space center.

Also spent six years working as an aerodynamicist at a major aircraft engine manufacturer.

Let me know what i need to provide and where to send them

How could you possibly have any clout or have "your side" of the story be taken seriously without knowing his background?

Aren't you in HS, kid?

Nvm, freshman. Same difference.

The colossus of clout. The colossus of clout!

Does anyone want to take a guess what the OP has in common with all of those schools?

Anyone? :rolleyes:

Nothing. He'll never get into one.

Oh, right. You don't. You just make half-a**ed judgment calls.

As far as sookie stackhouse goes, I was just curious about the situation. I wasn't judging anything but my eyebrow was raised and was like..."wait a minute!"

I don't need his background to think some of these attacks are a bit ridiculous. Even if he does deserve it or has bad character or whatever I just don't personally like tear down comments.

That was the whole point of my second post was pointing out that I was missing out on something but I knew that going in.

It needs to be said that you probably don't know the guy very well, regardless of all his past posts. From the sounds of his jokes/troll behavior he doesn't take himself too seriously here. Where as IRL, I would imagine he probably does?

But if you don't want to consider that and still tear him down that'd make your judgment calls just as baseless as mine, but at least I recognize mine are. Some of them anyway.

As far as sookie stackhouse goes, I was just curious about the situation. I wasn't judging anything but my eyebrow was raised and was like..."wait a minute!"

I don't need his background to think some of these attacks are a bit ridiculous. Even if he does deserve it or has bad character or whatever I just don't personally like tear down comments.

That was the whole point of my second post was pointing out that I was missing out on something but I knew that going in.

It needs to be said that you probably don't know the guy very well, regardless of all his past posts. From the sounds of his jokes/troll behavior he doesn't take himself too seriously here. Where as IRL, I would imagine he probably does?

But if you don't want to consider that and still tear him down that'd make your judgment calls just as baseless as mine, but at least I recognize mine are. Some of them anyway.
you'd be wrong.

lots of hate on this thread :corny:

dear sirenomelia, this post does not help in any way to prove that you are educated. it only proves that you are easily angered by things that people say on the internet. :yawn:

I'm getting so much "notsureifsrs" vibe from all the OP-praising comments...

I found it neither offensive, nor funny. This is the Two and a Half Men of threads. :sleep:

I'm getting so much "notsureifsrs" vibe from all the OP-praising comments...

I found it neither offensive, nor funny. This is the Two and a Half Men of threads. :sleep:
Before ashton ruined it.

The Rich Fat Girl: She has been told all of her life about how special she is from her parents and her servants. She thinks she is a 10 and belongs with the Paris Hilton's of the world, but she is actually a 6. In order to date her you have to jump through a lot of hoops, some of which are purely frivolous. If you are lucky enough to date her, you will have to spend a TON of money on her and will come out of the relationship feeling slightly used.

I can't quite think of a school that this relates to.... hmmmm.....

lots of hate on this thread :corny:

dear sirenomelia, this post does not help in any way to prove that you are educated. it only proves that you are easily angered by things that people say on the internet. :yawn:

Best tagline ever....

though I would really love to see this post happen. Can someone put out an APB?

Ann Perkins, you really just don't know how hot you really are. You are my ideal normal looking woman.

Limited information on the forum about those icons... I think they had to do with the [now defunct] "social groups" on SDN. See "Community" drop down list from top menu bar.
As far as I know the Rocket Scientist icon was never conferred in a social manner, but was and is awarded only to people with, as Saggy said, a legitimate background in rocket science.

The Rich Fat Girl: She has been told all of her life about how special she is from her parents and her servants. She thinks she is a 10 and belongs with the Paris Hilton's of the world, but she is actually a 6. In order to date her you have to jump through a lot of hoops, some of which are purely frivolous. If you are lucky enough to date her, you will have to spend a TON of money on her and will come out of the relationship feeling slightly used.

I can't quite think of a school that this relates to.... hmmmm.....

It's on the tip of my tongue.......

wtf just noticed that jalby is a 10 year member

"Where do you see yourself in 10 years?"

lol...love this for the humor during finals week...and I am a girl

the gold digger-wants all the money that you can get a loan for. Bling, anyone? U of Chicago

lol...love this for the humor during finals week...and I am a girl

the gold digger-wants all the money that you can get a loan for. Bling, anyone? U of Chicago

I'm confused... I thought Pritzker was very generous with their financial aid. How would that make them a gold digger?

Users should remember that SDN is a forum for professional discussion, and personal attacks/insults are not appropriate. Please keep discussion civil and on-topic.

The "Ignore" function available on every post can be used in response to conflict with another user, and the Report Post button should be used to report posts that violate the Terms of Service.

I think flatearth22 is a pretty cool guy. eh makes funny posts and doesnt afraid of anything.

wtf just noticed that jalby is a 10 year member

"Where do you see yourself in 10 years?"

I see myself randomly coming on the internet and always being shocked that people are bumping up a thread that I created 20 years ago. And then I will remember the condescending tone of the woman on the phone telling me that Georgetown is an esteemed university and it doesn't have to make exceptions for people who teach classes because it can take the cream of the crop and that obviously doesn't include me. Then I will be pissed all over again.

Users should remember that SDN is a forum for professional discussion, and personal attacks/insults are not appropriate. Please keep discussion civil and on-topic.

The "Ignore" function available on every post can be used in response to conflict with another user, and the Report Post button should be used to report posts that violate the Terms of Service.

Really??? I personally think that personal attacks and insults are completely appropriate at this time of the year. I mean, my family always has an airing of grievances and it generally ends up with a giant fight next to the pole. I mean, what would George do (WWGD)???

(Of note, for those of you who don't get this, look at the original posters icon. If you still don't get this, consider jumping off the nearest tall building because you are not cool enough to live on this planet.)

Really??? I personally think that personal attacks and insults are completely appropriate at this time of the year. I mean, my family always has an airing of grievances and it generally ends up with a giant fight next to the pole. I mean, what would George do (WWGD)???

(Of note, for those of you who don't get this, look at the original posters icon. If you still don't get this, consider jumping off the nearest tall building because you are not cool enough to live on this planet.)
The airing of grievances is scheduled for December 23. Any personal attacks on the 364 other days of the year are breaking forum rules.

:)laugh:;))

The All-Around Girl: This is the girl in high school who was valedictorian, class president, played multiple varsity sports, and still somehow managed to have a bangin' body, cute face, and great personality. All the other girls envied her while all the guys dreamed of someday marrying her. She is, in a word, complete.
Examples: UCSF, Penn [only schools to rank in the top 10 in both research and primary care on USNews, both have amazing resources, funding, and alumni network]

The Girl Next Door: She might not be as flashy as the others but she's dependable and always a good hand to have. Very low maintenance, the girl next door favors you over the other guys because you spent your childhood skipping stones and playing "doctor" together. While many guys gravitate to the girl next door, for others the familiarity breeds contempt and they just have to get away.
Example: Your local state school(s). [Cheap, familiar, easier to get in, gets the job done]

The Ugly Sister: This girl doesn't have much going for her except for the fact that her sister is super hot. That alone gets her attention from guys who hope that by dating the uglier sister they can move on up to her hotter counterpart down the road (i.e. for residency). Also known as the Khloe Kardashian of med schools.
Example: Drexel, Rush [with Penn and NW/UChicago, respectively, playing the role of the hot sister]

The Size Queen: She's all about those big, long, thick, throbbing….MCAT scores. If you aren't sporting at least a 35R don't even think about asking her out. The Size Queen laughs unabashedly at tiny MCAT scores while her eyes light up like Christmas at the sight of the really big ones. Every cycle she hopes that she will finally slay her Moby Dick : the elusive 45T-incher.
Examples: WashU, Michigan [both known for this kind of behavior]

The Tease: She's all over you at the club, on the taxi ride back to your place, and even when you're walking up to the door. But once you get inside she suddenly decides she's not ready to have sex with you. Seriously?!?!?
Example: GWU [no screened secondary, interviews a ton of people but only accepts ~25% of interviewees]

The Jailbait: She's not even fully accredited yet but you are already counting down the days until she's "legal." Is it creepy? Yes. Do you care? Absolutely not. The Jailbait is blessed with great new facilities and an exciting buzz that only comes with youthful optimism. While she may not have the track record and experience of a more established woman, she's still worth checking out.
Examples: Hofstra, OUWB [really any new school or upcoming school]

The Mistake - Your dreamgirl dumped you, you had a bit too much too drink, and in your moment of weakness you went home with The Mistake. Ex. Every caribbean school.
Doting Girlfriend - She's hot hot hot, and when you weren't with her you thought you would like nothing better than to be with her. Now she calls you every 5 minutes and wants to know where you are. Ex. Johns Hopkins
Friends with Benefits - She's a real fox, but she's not looking for anything serious. She doesn't care what you do or how you're doing, just stop by every once in a while for a good time. Ex. Yale

So where are we headed, c/o 2016? I was hoping to go steady with one of the "Girls Next Door" but they're all super selective and I didn't even get a first date :(

Finally decided on an "Ugly Sister" over a "Jailbait." Might try to cop some research opportunities at the hotter sister's place next summer though....that's not considered cheating, right?