If money were no object what would do for a living....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'd be the girl that swims with the dolphins/orcas in the shows at Sea World. I called once many years ago. They required AS in some type of science, experience with animal behavior/training, and paid $40,000/yr. Most who landed the job had volunteered there for many many years... it was very competitive. Dream job #1. Or I'd be a shark scientist who works at the Farallon Islands tracking Great White attacks. Dream job #2.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd be the girl that swims with the dolphins/orcas in the shows at Sea World. I called once many years ago. They required AS in some type of science, experience with animal behavior/training, and paid $40,000/yr. Most who landed the job had volunteered there for many many years... it was very competitive. Dream job #1. Or I'd be a shark scientist who works at the Farallon Islands tracking Great White attacks. Dream job #2.

my little sister just quit as an orca trainer at SW.

they pay CRAP. like $9/hr. And she was about halfway to a BA in psych when she got hired - if anything they want you without animal training experience so they can train you just how they want you. She had lots of animal experience when she was with the otters/walrus/sea lions but once they moved her to orca you don't get to touch a whale until you've been there for years.

Astronaut... Not really, though. I'm just saying "astronaut" because no one else has (I think).

Actually, I would do nothing for a living if money were no object... Nothing.

OK, maybe I would be an astronaut if I could go to more interesting places than just the space station. I'd also probably need big spaceships like those in Star Wars because the ones we have now are too slow, small and uncomfortable.

Not like I would know that from personal experience or anything...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Personal trainer, I always wanted to open my own gym

I would probably not do anything but read books, watch movies and television shows, and sit around all day.

Finally...I thought I was the only one!

If money were no object, I would travel and review all kinds of places...even if it was just for a blog. LOL

OR if money AND ability are no object I would be a professional ballerina

OR..well assuming one day I will have kids and both of those ideas aren't practical, I would...lol...actually I really like my pharm tech job at the hospital. I wish it paid enough to do full time!! But that might get old.

I think being a missionary and helping people all around the world would be cool too

I would be Don Panoz.

Open up my own drug stores...
Start my own pharmaceutical company...
Invent some new product (ie nicotine patch)...
Make millions/billions...
Buy thousands of acres in GA and start my own winery...
Build my own golf course...
Buy a huge race track...
Start my own motorsports company...

This guy is my idol. He has done more badass things in his life than I could imagine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Panoz

Hmmm.

-tour the world via motorcycle
-surf for as long as I liked
-have a big 'ol goat farm with enough land that I could ride my tractor naked in the front field and nobody would see my naughty bits:D

1. Professional Fighter (underground cage fighting) + Fight crimes

2. Practice Taichi

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm.

-tour the world via motorcycle
-surf for as long as I liked
-have a big 'ol goat farm with enough land that I could ride my tractor naked in the front field and nobody would see my naughty bits:D

LOL I was watching a show the other day...some medical mystery show...and there was a lady that liked to ride her 4 wheeler naked every day through her land.

The Stig, Top Gear's Team Driver ... ;)

That's awesome! LMAO everytime I watch that show.

I'd be a Formula 1 groupy and travel the circuit with them. Great way to see the world AND fantastic racing! Or better yet, I'd just be married to DC! :D

1) Housewife
2) Shopaholic
3) Volunteer and do fundraisers for infectious diseases and HIV in underdeveloped countries.

1. political commentator. like rachel maddow or something...

2. sports writer or talk shot host, like JT the Brick...

3. coach of some team...

If money were no object, I would stay home playing video games and sleep all day :)

Actually, I want to be a personal trainer or a fighter pilot

get paid for being depressed. I'd be rich.

If only teachers made about $70,000 instead of jellybeans. :rolleyes: Even if they made $60,000 I would do it.

Why don't you become a college professor? They make well over 70K a year.

If money were no object I would:
1) work at Louis Vuitton
2) be a relationship therapist
3) personal trainer
4) housewife
5) make up artist
6) shopper!!! (for myself of course :D)