If pod school is just as hard as med school, why are the standards of acceptance so much lower?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@smurfeyD can you clarify what high expectations from podiatry could be?

Members don't see this ad.

Podiatry is only a 4/10 on the attractiveness scale? Dang. I was gonna be generous and give it at least a 6.

I mean, Podiatry isn’t the hottest profession, but it brings home a good income and you get to feel good about the work you do. Sure, there may be some 9/10 MD surgeons or 7/10 DO internal medicine professions who look down at your profession, but your profession isn’t ugly. The profession doesn’t have a debt problem like dental school, that profession sold out its students. Podiatry always has reliable work. Podiatry might have had a residency problem in the past, but now it’s past that and promised to do better. Podiatry will never cheat on you with nurse practitioner and sell you out.

Sure, some people pass her up, but to you Podiatry is a diamond in the ruff.

My understanding is its a great profession if you accept it for what it is and not what it could be. Those expectations could be to high. Dont marry a girl thats a 4 and say itll be ok because eventually the acne will clear up and she will lose 50 lbs haha marry her knowing she may always stay a 4 and youre okay with that possibility

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Podiatry is only a 4/10 on the attractiveness scale? Dang. I was gonna be generous and give it at least a 6.

I mean, Podiatry isn’t the hottest profession, but it brings home a good income and you get to feel good about the work you do. Sure, there may be some 9/10 MD surgeons or 7/10 DO internal medicine professions who look down at your profession, but your profession isn’t ugly. The profession doesn’t have a debt problem like dental school, that profession sold out its students. Podiatry always has reliable work. Podiatry might have had a residency problem in the past, but now it’s past that and promised to do better. Podiatry will never cheat on you with nurse practitioner and sell you out.

Is this a 4 or a 6?

sddefault.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Wow. They going to amputate that, right?

is that what I think it is?

Wow. They going to amputate that, right?

Maggots...are used as a form of treatment for diabetic foot ulcers. So, in that pic, those maggots are helping the wound heal.
You can youtube it for a video showing them at work. Cool Stuff! :cool:

Reactions: 2 users
Maggots...are used as a form of treatment for diabetic foot ulcers. So, in that pic, those maggots are helping the wound heal.
I checked it out, looks like I have seen that before. Is it approved treatment/procedure in US?

i'm itchy. all over my body.

Oh I dont think its a 4/10. I was just using an example. I was just trying to say what I gather from Air Buds post is that if I’m going to be a podiatrist then I need to make sure I understand all that that entails; good and bad and to not pursue it with the thought of “it’ll be so much better once I graduate,” or ignoring the cons that do come with the profession, like Pasha said. I agree though, I think its an awesome profession!

The female pod students around here at around 7/10 to 8.5/10. I love pod chicas.

I have no doubt that MDs get preferential treatment. That’s something a lot of these new graduating DO students will find out quickly come residency time. The world will always favor the US MD grads, and I don’t think anyone is arguing that point.

But my question lies with the people that you claimed to be concerned with practicing Podiatric Medicine who graduated with you and fundamental competence with DO=Pod education. Wouldn’t these people be filtered out of first year classes? The curriculum is the same as DO students. How many times were they allowed to fail?

And AZPOD is the exact same +\- 3 classes the first 2 years. What is nice about podiatry school is no shelf exams 3rd and 4th year.

For a person who’s still in a post bac program, you like to pretend to know a lot about things that you have no idea about. Hm...

Members don't see this ad :)
what you mean?
I thought he is in DO school already.

He’s not. He’s a pretender. He still hasn’t joined the official rank of being an accepted student at a DO or Pod program. Though, he does like to talk smack and pretend to be speaking from a higher plane though...

He’s not. He’s a pretender. He still hasn’t joined the official rank of being an accepted student at a DO or Pod program. Though, he does like to talk smack and pretend to be speaking from a higher plane though...
Actually no one here has a problem with Gypsy. Your mind isnt all of a sudden enlightened once you get accepted somewhere

What does he mean by sold its students out?

This is a silly statement. Just because someone isn’t a part of the group doesn’t mean they can’t comment on it. Sure, if they are it brings a unique perspective, but a lot can be gained from research and asking people in it.

Gram positive bacteria have peptidoglycan cell wall. “Umm EXCUSSSSSSSEEE me? This person is not a bacterium, how would they know that? You, are a microbial pretender”.

Does anyone think podiatry will be harder to get into in the future years?

Last edited by a moderator:

How frequently do you see stuff like this, or close to it, in pod school? I know you're only in your first semeter. But can you take a shot at the q?

i'm itchy. all over my body.
Yeah. I had to look away for a sec and then come back to it. Hopefully I can build an apetitie for these things with time and more exposure.

The female pod students around here at around 7/10 to 8.5/10. I love pod chicas.

Haha :D

Does anyone think podiatry will be harder to get into in the future years? I remember D.O was pretty ok to get into, but now its much harder. Will podiatry one day become just as hard to get into? Due to more people knowing about the profession.
Who knows. There are so many health professions that are more known about that keep opening up new schools. So who knows if itll ever get that much more competitive

How frequently do you see stuff like this, or close to it, in pod school? I know you're only in your first semeter. But can you take a shot at the q?

I have not seen them in Pod school yet. However, I did see it back when was I shadowing at a Trauma/wound care center. Using them depends on many factors such the patient's overall health (in case, regular meds will not work or cause a severe side effect than using maggots).

There's a poster on another board, unrelated to medicine, who WAS a podiatrist. She gave it up even before she got her loans paid off because of the futility of her practice; had she known that podiatry, at least in her region, consisted almost entirely of dealing with chronically noncompliant diabetics, she would have done something else.

What was her region?

no, schools don't set standards but principle of supply and demand sets it.
In that case, does Midwestern have the most demand because it is the hardest pod school to get into?

The sad part about this is outside this nerdy SDN argument (sorry no offense we know we're atleast a little nerdy) literally no one gives a ****. And TBH if you enjoy POD consider yourself lucky because it is a great gig. When I shadowed pods no one even understood the concept of DPM Vs MD Vs DO. Some old lady thought a pod was a "Toenail MD" yes, really. Most people don't even understand MD and DO. You know why? Because quite frankly no one gives a ****. Whichever you pick you are highly qualified, prescribe medicine and can/will do surgery. All are doctors/physicians in healthcare. Whichever you choose.... do well in it, go above and beyond, and make your money as all of them make a good living (and the hospital AND private practice pods I was shadowing were making quite a bit more than primary care MD's and DO's I know of). Now get off SDN and play outside or something. Geez

I like this comment but according to actual podiatrists on SDN, they say they have to fight for their rights to practice and explain what they can and cannot do on a regular basis. So saying that nobody cares about DPM vs MD in the real world isn't exactly true.

Still, I'm happy I chose this field. But I know that alot of my MD/DO friends and acquaintances don't think so highly of it

He went through podiatry with little debt, gets to help people in healthcare, and makes well over 200k+ a year.

The only real con to the profession is being told on SDN that he's not a real physician. lol.

Again, I don't think this MD vs DPM battle is limited to SDN.

5 out 15,000

It’s more than that big guy. First year resident here and I’m always explaining my training, and what we are or aren’t allowed to do while in practice. Not to mention my attendings who are always handling back handed comments from other docs/nurses/even some patients. Had a patient bust my chops the other day wondering “why does it take 7 years to be qualified to cut her nails?” After the 1000th time of explaining what we do outside of clinic, she just chuckled.

I’ve been going back and forth on whether to post on this thread but I guess I’m here. My above comment is what Airbud was trying to explain to you all pre-pods. Podiatry can be a great field, but you’re going to need thick skin, and realistic understanding how majority of pods practice. Would be great to land that ortho spot, be full partner, and be their f&a surgeon. But you’re talking about maybe 3-5% of our profession, maybe less. Most of us will need to preform wound care and run a traditional “chip and clip” clinic in order to stay alive financially to perform the surgeries were trained to do. Not to mention fights with hospital privileging boards to allow us to preform ankle/calc/lisfranc fractures. That’s just reality of the situation. Like I said, I’m a first resident and already seeing this. It’s crazy how naive (or blind) I was before now.

And as for those who believe going to schools with DO programs means you’ll be on par with med students, you’re wrong. Airbud pointed this fact out earlier with his experience at DMU, and my co-residents from Midwestern and western echo his message. You learn the biomedical sciences together, and that’s great. But once you get to clinicals, it’s a different ball game. The general medicine I, and any other pod resident I’ve talked to, was memorized for test/rotations, and dumped when we needed to get ready for externships and boards. By buddy from Western illustrated it beautifully, pointing out he didn’t have to take shelf exams after each clinical rotation, and not had to continue to build this medical knowledge from rotation to rotation. This discrepancy in training has become more noticeable during my intern year. I, and co-residents m, are in awe the level other interns operate while on rounds at the intuition we’re working. But with hard work, we’re surviving, and finally starting to learn how to medically manage a patient. That’s how it goes no matter where you go to school. You’ll know Podiatry, but will have to earn respect of other residents while on rounds.

Not trying to “poo poo” here. Still happy I’m in the field bc I’m getting great training from some of the best pods in the country, and I enjoy most aspects of Podiatry (except calluses, I hate calluses). But I know the fight isn’t going to stop when I’m an attending. Rant over, just trying to help some of you young bucks realize that arguing with attendings on these forums whether on training, respect, or pay, you sound so naive bc you haven’t stepped foot into a hospital as a pod student/resident/attending. Not a bad thing, we were all preaching the same thing when we started school too. Just try and take what’s been mentioned on these forums by those ahead of you, to ensure you’re truly prepared for the future

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
It’s more than that big guy. First year resident here and I’m always explaining my training, and what we are or aren’t allowed to do while in practice. Not to mention my attendings who are always handling back handed comments from other docs/nurses/even some patients. Had a patient bust my chops the other day wondering “why does it take 7 years to be qualified to cut her nails?” After the 1000th time of explaining what we do outside of clinic, she just chuckled.

I’ve been going back and forth on whether to post on this thread but I guess I’m here. My above comment is what Airbud was trying to explain to you all pre-pods. Podiatry can be a great field, but you’re going to need thick skin, and realistic understanding how majority of pods practice. Would be great to land that ortho spot, be full partner, and be their f&a surgeon. But you’re talking about maybe 3-5% of our profession, maybe less. Most of us will need to preform wound care and run a traditional “chip and clip” clinic in order to stay alive financially to perform the surgeries were trained to do. Not to mention fights with hospital privileging boards to allow us to preform ankle/calf/lisfranc fractures. That’s just reality of the situation. Like I said, I’m a first resident and already seeing this. It’s crazy how naive (or blind) I was before now.

And as for those who believe going to schools with DO programs means you’ll be on par with med students, you’re wrong. Airbud pointed this fact out earlier with his experience at DMU, and my co-residents from Midwestern and western echo his message. You learn the biomedical sciences together, and that’s great. But once you get to clinicals, it’s a different ball game. The general medicine I, and any other pod resident I’ve talked to, was memorized for test/rotations, and dumped when we needed to get ready for externships and boards. By buddy from Western illustrated it beautifully, pointing out he didn’t have to take shelf exams after each clinical rotation, and not had to continue to build this medical knowledge from rotation to rotation. This discrepancy in training has become more noticeable during my intern year. I, and co-residents m, are in awe the level other interns operate while on rounds at the intuition we’re working. But with hard work, we’re surviving, and finally starting to learn how to medically manage a patient. That’s how it goes no matter where you go to school. You’ll know Podiatry, but will have to earn respect of other residents while on rounds.

Not trying to “poo poo” here. Still happy I’m in the field bc I’m getting great training from some of the best pods in the country, and I enjoy most aspects of Podiatry (except calluses, I hate calluses). But I know the fight isn’t going to stop when I’m an attending. Rant over, just trying to help some of you young bucks realize that arguing with attendings on these forums whether on training, respect, or pay, you sound so naive bc you haven’t stepped foot into a hospital as a pod student/resident/attending. Not a bad thing, we were all preaching the same thing when we started school too. Just try and take what’s been mentioned on these forums by those ahead of you, so not only are you prepared to handle yours

Thanks for the true talk. People need to understand that it's not a minority, a small group in the darkness that don't respect pods. It's alot bigger than that. I have a feeling that some people chuckle behind my back once they hear that I'm going to podiatry school. The stigma is there, and it seems like things haven't really improved in the last 20 years. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't go for it.

I have a feeling that some people chuckle behind my back once they hear that I'm going to podiatry school.
Haha :D:laugh:

funny.

There are people out there that would trade to be in your spot though ;)

If you had to go back, would you try harder and wait a bit longer to get into a DO school, or would you still go down the podiatry path? Would you have picked a different profession altogether? Dentistry?

I’ve been going back and forth on whether to post on this thread but I guess I’m here. My above comment is what Airbud was trying to explain to you all pre-pods. Podiatry can be a great field, but you’re going to need thick skin, and realistic understanding how majority of pods practice. Would be great to land that ortho spot, be full partner, and be their f&a surgeon. But you’re talking about maybe 3-5% of our profession, maybe less. Most of us will need to preform wound care and run a traditional “chip and clip” clinic in order to stay alive financially to perform the surgeries were trained to do. Not to mention fights with hospital privileging boards to allow us to preform ankle/calf/lisfranc fractures. That’s just reality of the situation. Like I said, I’m a first resident and already seeing this. It’s crazy how naive (or blind) I was before now.

Not trying to “poo poo” here. Still happy I’m in the field bc I’m getting great training from some of the best pods in the country, and I enjoy most aspects of Podiatry (except calluses, I hate calluses). But I know the fight isn’t going to stop when I’m an attending. Rant over, just trying to help some of you young bucks realize that arguing with attendings on these forums whether on training, respect, or pay, you sound so naive bc you haven’t stepped foot into a hospital as a pod student/resident/attending. Not a bad thing, we were all preaching the same thing when we started school too. Just try and take what’s been mentioned on these forums by those ahead of you, so not only are you prepared to handle yours

why does it take 7 years to be qualified to cut her nails?”
It can be applied to many other specialties and professions.

Does it take 7 years to diagnose flu/cold? To give a flus shot? to listen to the heart? to measure BP? to hear rattling sound of fluid in the lungs?

Does it take 7 years for FM doctor to be able to prescribe refills 20% of their time?

I could go on.

Last edited:

Does it take 7 years to diagnose flu/cold? To give a flus shot? to listen to the heart? to measure BP? to hear rattling sound of fluid in the lungs?

Does it take 7 years for FM doctor to be able to prestige refills 20% of their time?

I could go on.
Not to mention other healthcare professions
pharmacy: studying dosages and whatever else for 4 years (now a one year residency also for some) when it’s the doctors that have the say and pharmacists just count the pills (or the techs really)

dentristry: prob similar volume of filling cavities/checking after hygiene as a podiatrist is to routine nail care

Optometry: is this image more clear or this one?

The list goes on

I think disappointed people in podiatry are those that think/thought they will be like orthos, will earn 300K+, for whom it is a MD backdoor, who will always think if they should have become MD/DO, who want to satisfy their ego and have pride, who want to be really wealthy and highly respected.

Then they realize that they actually have to work hard and that 150-200K is not really that much to be wealthy.

I bet that many people who go to MD/DO also want to become wealthy and think they will be well respected.

But then they realized that they have to see tons of patients in a clinic all day long, 5 days a week, 12 month per year for the rest of their lives and they start hating their job. They thought that they will go around in a white coat and a stethoscope and hear praise from public.

Same thing is with some podiatrists, but at least they have something to blame. They blame DPM degree and say that the problem is that DPM degree is not MD/DO.

Just go into podiatry for the right reasons and you will be fine. Focus on your patients, isn't it why you are in medicine? to serve people?

I think we all want to know the real picture of the field, but all this whining is just unnecessary. It's not productive.

Does it take 7 years for FM doctor to be able to prescribe refills 20% of their time?

I could go on.

But to medically manage CHF, HTN, HLD, CKD, DM all in the same patient who’s coming in with a cold/flu would and does require time and training to treat properly. At that point you’re comparing apples to oranges bc it does take time and proper training to manage the chronic ulcers/traumas that we see in our profession, not to mention garner the dexterity required for surgery.

Like I said in the last part of my original post, I understand the eagerness. All I’m saying is take what experienced pods are sharing, and instead or picking and choosing what you want to believe or argue, use the information to better grasp what’s going to asked of you in the upcoming years. You do that, you’ll be fine as an extern/resident/future attending.

Reactions: 3 users
Not to mention other healthcare professions
pharmacy: studying dosages and whatever else for 4 years (now a one year residency also for some) when it’s the doctors that have the say and pharmacists just count the pills (or the techs really)

dentristry: prob similar volume of filling cavities/checking after hygiene as a podiatrist is to routine nail care

Optometry: is this image more clear or this one?

The list goes on

Optometry: Dr: one or two, two or three, three or four...
patient: they all look the same

If you had to go back, would you try harder and wait a bit longer to get into a DO school, or would you still go down the podiatry path? Would you have picked a different profession altogether? Dentistry?

I’m still early in my career, but I’m happy and wouldn’t go back. I understand the obstacles a head of me, and realize that in order to find satisfaction, I’ll might be forced to sacrifice either time or location.

Like I said, I’m not making this a poo poo on Podiatry. I’m happy, and others can be too. Just want everyone to be prepared for what they’re getting into before they sign up 7 years. There are plenty of pods out there who are happy and would recommend it to anyone.

But to medically manage CHF, HTN, HLD, CKD, DM all in the same patient who’s coming in with a cold/flu would and does require time and training to treat properly. At that point you’re comparing apples to oranges bc it does take time and proper training to manage the chronic ulcers/traumas that we see in our profession, not to mention garner the dexterity required for surgery.

Like I said in the last part of my original post, I understand the eagerness. All I’m saying is take what experienced pods are sharing, and instead or picking and choosing what you want to believe or argue, use the information to better grasp what’s going to asked of you in the upcoming years. You do that, you’ll be fine as an extern/resident/future attending.
Like I have mentioned earlier in this thread, we all greatly appreciate experiences DPM and their opinion. But looks like most of what they do is poo poo the podiatry. Just give unbiased, objective information if what is like. We all hear the negative tone. If you are in podiatry and see negative things what is the point of whining all the time. It wont do any good? you are in a profession for life, then do something to change it. Do a positive impact. Dont bush it. I would rather prefer thousands of Pods unite and do something good.

I never liked when people complain all the time but never do anything about it.

People complain about their weight, they cars being broken, their relationships, their jobs, their health but do nothing to help themselves. Same here.

All I hear from experienced pods here is: "wait until u get into residency or practice and talk to me". Trying to bring wrong impressions.

When I was going to join the army after high school:
Army Friend: YOU HAVE an 86 ASVAB? DONT GO ARMY GO AIRFORCE!
Air force friend: I sit behind a desk and get fat I should have gone army they get promoted fast!
Me:...-_-

When I was shadowing MD:
MD: Don't go into medicine (looking at me like i'm going to stick my finger in an outlet)

When I was shadowing a DO
DO: Just be sure to specialize okay?
Me...-_-

Reading attendings/residents post on SDN about podiatry
Me: -_- i'm starting to see a pattern

Last edited:
When I was going to join the army after high school:
Army Friend: YOU HAVE an 86 ASVAB? DONT GO ARMY GO AIRFORCE!
Air force friend: I sit behind a desk and get fat I should have gone army they get promoted fast!

When I was shadowing MD:
MD: Don't go into medicine (looking at me like i'm going to stick my finger in an outlet)

When I was shadowing a DO ( too much party in freshman year):
DO: Just be sure to specialize okay?
Me...-_-

Reading attendings/residents post on SDN about podiatry
Me: -_- i'm starting to see a pattern
Exactly, you are right.
People always complain, can never be satisfied, and want more than they have.
The grass is greener on the other side.

Exactly, you are right.
People always complain, can never be satisfied, and want more than they have.
The grass is greener on the other side.
That’s life lol.. the grass is always greener on the other side but people forget you still gotta mow it

@PashaOdesit I don't know pasha I like hearing the bad experiences. If anything listening to the bad is more important than hearing the good, because it is the bad that needs fixing.

@PashaOdesit I don't know pasha I like hearing the bad experiences. If anything listening to the bad is more important than hearing the good, because it is the bad that needs fixing.
I agree. Like I said, I am open to objective information. Everyone here appreciates experienced pods and their opinions. I like hearing both sides. But a lot of the info is very subjective. Some info is just what perspective and approach these people have.

1. For example, pods bring up the lack of expected respect for podiatry. Tell me how docs treat nurses at work. I know. Nonetheless, people go into nursing and many are very happy. It is still a great field with high demand, good pay and personal satisfaction.
Conclusion, respect is really a subjective thing and is based on a lot of factors. Tell me what kind of respect do DOs get sitting in FM clinic all their life in their 4x4 offices.

2. Income. PhDs go to school for about the same time and their income is not even close to pods. Teachers with master degrees in most high schools get 30K-50K

3. Hard to find a job. Like it is easy to find a job with any other field. If you are always comparing with something better, you might be never happy. Look what is really out there besides medicine.

4. I bet some MD/DO think that they should have opened some business, became CEO or do something else.

Do what you would love to do for the rest of your life. Medicine is not the best field for respect and money. There are other ways to gain respect and become wealthy.

Last edited:
I don’t care about the respect and prestige aspect of a job, there are always going to be people who feel superior to others all the time, and respect is earned via actions, not degrees. What I care most about is job security, money, and the ability to make a huge impact on people’s life.

Podiatry has the last one covered. You get to help people walk again. That is pretty amazing. You can literally save a persons life when they have gas gangrene. That’s pretty amazing.

Money I need to know what to expect because I gotta pay back those loans, and I made a huge opportunity cost to get here. I could have been working those 7 years making connections, building bridges, starting from the bottom and working to mid level so yeah, I’m gonna be concerned if a pod can’t make 150k/year.

Security is huge to because as someone who faced the job market with a bacholars degree, join the club! It’s an endless Congo line of part-time Starbucks gigs. Not fun, but way to common for people graduating right now.

The most important thing disillusioned doctors have to ask themselves, be it MD, DDS, DPT, whatever, what else were u gonna do with a useless biology degree? The answer prolly wasn’t “Do a startup”.

I agree. Like I said, I am open to objective information. Everyone here appreciates experienced pods and their opinions. I like hearing both sides. But a lot of the info is very subjective. Some info is just what perspective and approach these people have.

1. For example, pods bring up the lack of expected respect for podiatry. Tell me how docs treat nurses at work. I know. Nonetheless, people go into nursing and many are very happy. It is still a great field with high demand, good pay and personal satisfaction.
Conclusion, respect is really a subjective thing and is based on a lot of factors. Tell me what kind of respect do DOs get sitting in FM clinic all their life in their 4x4 offices.

2. Income. PhDs go to school for about the same time and their income is not even close to pods. Teachers with master degrees in most high schools get 30K-50K

3. Hard to find a job. Like it is easy to find a job with any other field. If you are always comparing with something better, you might be never happy. Look what is really out there besides medicine.

4. I bet some MD/DO think that they should have opened some business, became CEO or do something else.

Do what you would love to do for the rest of your life. Medicine is not the best field for respect and money. There are other ways to gain respect and become wealthy.

Like I have mentioned earlier in this thread, we all greatly appreciate experiences DPM and their opinion. But looks like most of what they do is poo poo the podiatry. Just give unbiased, objective information if what is like. We all hear the negative tone. If you are in podiatry and see negative things what is the point of whining all the time. It wont do any good? you are in a profession for life, then do something to change it. Do a positive impact. Dont bush it. I would rather prefer thousands of Pods unite and do something good.

I never liked when people complain all the time but never do anything about it.

People complain about their weight, they cars being broken, their relationships, their jobs, their health but do nothing to help themselves. Same here.

All I hear from experienced pods here is: "wait until u get into residency or practice and talk to me". Trying to bring wrong impressions.
you are in a profession for life, then do something to change it.

There is APMSA Delegate position you can to run for when the school start.

APMA is working on VA bill and HELLP Act that could have great benefit to the profession. Everyone in the profession ( student/ resident/ attending) should all contact their senators and ask sponsor the bill.

The podiatric medical profession is small but we have shown that we are much stronger working together.

We must remain unified to move the profession forward to full parity at all levels in healthcare.

I don’t care about the respect and prestige aspect of a job, there are always going to be people who feel superior to others all the time, and respect is earned via actions, not degrees. What I care most about is job security, money, and the ability to make a huge impact on people’s life.

Podiatry has the last one covered. You get to help people walk again. That is pretty amazing. You can literally save a persons life when they have gas gangrene. That’s pretty amazing.

Money I need to know what to expect because I gotta pay back those loans, and I made a huge opportunity cost to get here. I could have been working those 7 years making connections, building bridges, starting from the bottom and working to mid level so yeah, I’m gonna be concerned if a pod can’t make 150k/year.

Security is huge to because as someone who faced the job market with a bacholars degree, join the club! It’s an endless Congo line of part-time Starbucks gigs. Not fun, but way to common for people graduating right now.

The most important thing disillusioned doctors have to ask themselves, be it MD, DDS, DPT, whatever, what else were u gonna do with a useless biology degree? The answer prolly wasn’t “Do a startup”.

You seem to have a good grasp on the profession, the cost of joining the profession, and have done your due diligence. I’m pretty sure you’ll be successful once you come out in practice. A pod CAN make 150k a year, some maybe not immediately out of residency but a lot will easily exceed that. Obviously a lot depends on how hard you work and your hustle.

Last edited:
Now, what about job security? Do you know any Pods that are currently unemployed that graduated with you? If so, why? If you are not picky and don’t have to live in SoCal or New York, can you find a job pretty readily?

I remember someone on the forums mentioning that each position has something like 50 applicants. Is it really that bad?

You seem to have a good grasp on the profession, the cost of joining the profession, and have done your due diligence. I’m pretty sure you’ll be successful once you come out in practice. A pod CAN make 150k a year, some maybe not immediately out of residency but a lot will easily exceed that. Obviously a lot depends on how hard you work and your hustle.