If someone could get me in touch w/a medical officer recruiter for the AF/Navy, I'd really appreciate it!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

impassivitea

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I start optometry school next fall (2021), and I am interested in HPSP through the Air Force (also open to the Navy but I prefer the Air Force). I filled out a contact form on the Air Force website a while back, and someone from the Air Force later reached out to me via phone. Shortly after, a recruiter emailed me a pre-qualifying form, which I filled out & emailed back, but that was in September, and I haven't heard back from him since....

If someone could get me in touch w/a medical officer recruiter for the AF/Navy, I'd really appreciate it (if it matters, I am based in the Dallas, TX area). Or if anyone has any suggestions on how to proceed from here, that would be great too.

Members don't see this ad.

Friends don't let friends join the Air Force.
;)

Reach out to an AF medical officer recruiter via Facebook or LinkedIn and they can likely direct you to the right person.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Or the Coast Guard.

Reactions: 1 user
All you have to do is think about a military recruiter and then walk around a church counterclockwise 13 times at midnight, and one will appear.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Listen, the Air Force is a great alternative to military service.
:laugh:

C'mon. The Air Force has the Stargate and Macgyver. Who else will keep us safe from the Goa'uld?? See, didn't think so.

That being said, to the original poster : Make sure you're reaching out to a healthcare recruiter, and patient and persistence. Apparently they've been swamped with inquiries from hundreds of nurses during the COVID outbreak.

I had to end up calling the national line and they assisted greatly. A one month lag time was about the same for me, but afterwards it went extremely quickly, the recruiter was actually very apologetic and said he was being slammed, and had me in my underwear in a few weeks.. wait, that came out wrong. I meant, I was at MEPS within weeks.

Reactions: 2 users
And by the way, I’m ok with Richard Dean Anderson, like any American, but the fact that you went with him when you could have said Kurt Russel is exactly the point.

Reactions: 1 user
I still know my was around the Bupers site kind of, but I couldn't find a Air Force medical recruiter. Here's the GMO detailer, he should be able to steer you in the right direction GME_GMO.FCT.NAVY.MIL

Last edited:
And by the way, I’m ok with Richard Dean Anderson, like any American, but the fact that you went with him when you could have said Kurt Russel is exactly the point.

Sir, I disagree with what you said but I will fight to the death for your right to say it. Sg-1 kept stargate going, otherwise it would have just been a cult classic movie. And strangely enough so many girls enjoyed SG-1 I owe them big time.

Sir, I disagree with what you said but I will fight to the death for your right to say it. Sg-1 kept stargate going, otherwise it would have just been a cult classic movie. And strangely enough so many girls enjoyed SG-1 I owe them big time.

It’s like it writes itself.

C'mon. The Air Force has the Stargate and Macgyver. Who else will keep us safe from the Goa'uld?? See, didn't think so.

That being said, to the original poster : Make sure you're reaching out to a healthcare recruiter, and patient and persistence. Apparently they've been swamped with inquiries from hundreds of nurses during the COVID outbreak.

I had to end up calling the national line and they assisted greatly. A one month lag time was about the same for me, but afterwards it went extremely quickly, the recruiter was actually very apologetic and said he was being slammed, and had me in my underwear in a few weeks.. wait, that came out wrong. I meant, I was at MEPS within weeks.

Was this before or after you got those awesome cheddar bay biscuits from Red Lobster?