If you are feeling a bit down this week...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

periopdoc

Cardiac Anesthesiologist
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

When all the politics and uncertainty of the future get you down, remember why we put up with all of this crap... so that we can spend more time in places like this.

Final runs of the year

4463379605_fc467d4b73_o.jpg

Piccolo Summit. Unfortunately this will be the last season for a good friend, my favorite Burton Split. It just can't keep up anymore. Considering Lib Tech or Prior for next year.

4464158024_e9a69dd4c6_o.jpg
Cheakamus Lake as seen from Piccolo Summit.

4463382605_c494a07c56_o.jpg

Freeriders paradise. Rhapsody and Flute Bowls, Whistler Mountain.

4464160304_a2a2c10ab9_o.jpg
Whistler village as seen from halfway down Blackcomb Mountain.

4463373763_524f86d3c1_o.jpg

The Peak 2 Peak Gondola as seen from Whistler Mountain. This is the worlds longest unsupported lift span at 1.88 mi. What a ride.

- pod

Members don't see this ad.

You are awesome! I was really down with all the HRC talk. Thank you for the post, and awesome pictures! I love traveling and hope to be able to do quite a bit of that when I begin making money. I can't wait for 4th year so I can finally get to do rotations that will interest me, as well!

Members don't see this ad :)

When all the politics and uncertainty of the future get you down, remember why we put up with all of this crap... so that we can spend more time in places like this.

Final runs of the year

4463379605_fc467d4b73_o.jpg

Piccolo Summit. Unfortunately this will be the last season for a good friend, my favorite Burton Split. It just can't keep up anymore. Considering Lib Tech or Prior for next year.

4464158024_e9a69dd4c6_o.jpg
Cheakamus Lake as seen from Piccolo Summit.

4463382605_c494a07c56_o.jpg

Freeriders paradise. Rhapsody and Flute Bowls, Whistler Mountain.

4464160304_a2a2c10ab9_o.jpg
Whistler village as seen from halfway down Blackcomb Mountain.

4463373763_524f86d3c1_o.jpg

The Peak 2 Peak Gondola as seen from Whistler Mountain. This is the worlds longest unsupported lift span at 1.88 mi. What a ride.

- pod

WOW. STUNNING! Periop, where is that??

Lib tech are pretty nice. Magna traction + Banana = float in powder and harder to catch your edge on ice.

Was gonna be on it today (around 12:00pm) until my flight got cancelled (woke up at 3:30am). Heading back to the airport in umm.....6.5 hours... and it's no guarentee I'll get out. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Plan: Purgatory, Silverton, Wolf Creek, Telluride- depending on who gets the most snow.

Here is for hoping: :xf:

IMG_0402.jpg

Lib Tech needs to get rid of that BEAN top skin they use on their boards. It scrathches way to easily. I've used the 159 T. Rice for about 6 days in Vail a couple of weeks ago and so far, I'm pretty impressed. Need some good powder to truly test it though. Neversummer also makes some killer boards:

neversummer-summit-lg.jpg

or if you want to keep your options open as you drop into Alta...

board-summit.jpg

Last edited:
Dude, you are a snowboarder, right? Then where are the baggy clothes and dreads?

Seriously though, I really prefer the Lib's. They are changing the way snowboards are made every year and every other company is just trying to keep up. Next year they will have a splitboard that will improve backcountry access. It will be a rocker design which is a huge improvement when it comes to pow runs. Venture also makes a great splitboard.

NOY!!! I was wondering if this post would bring you out of the woodwork.

Any AK pics or have you not gone yet?

CFD - These are all from Whistler-Blackcomb. I am finishing up a week here at the SCA annual ski update, I mean cardiopulmonary bypass update.

Hoping to visit the Prior factory on the way home tomorrow. They have a huge lineup of splits, but I am probably done splitboarding and will likely go NAS (buy one get one free) for any further backcountry exploration and go with a uni-board for the majority of my snow time. I have cut way down on backcountry since my son was born.

FTF - Bowl runs are the closest to backcountry that you can get in a controlled resort setting. Basically they are wide open treeless areas with no defined runs. You scope it out and set your own lines. The best have a lift that gets you to the base or halfway up. This reduces the traffic cause most people don't want to work at it. Canada has some of the best bowls that I have seen. I don't know if they are less worried about lawsuits or what, but it seems like they tend to open up more if these areas.

For size, nothing beats Whistler-Blackcomb. For awesome conditions, head inland to Fernie and Revelstoke. Of course there is nothing like Alaska backcountry, but for us mere mortals...

-pod

Nice pics man. Only been to Whistler/Blackcomb for summer glacier riding but it's beautiful up there.

We here in SoCal have had a great season- the local side/backcountry is in prime spring corn mode right now...