If you are too lazy....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rgporter

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please folks, if you're too lazy to give an helpful response on the interview feedback, don't post anything at all. Either way your blowing the rest of us off.

Click here for an example of what you shouldn't do.

These kind of posts waste our time, therefore they are worse than nothing.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by rgporter
These kind of posts waste our time, therefore they are worse than nothing.

Seriously, maybe the person didn't have much to say. It was obviously a laid-back interview and perhaps conversational. What do you want for the questions?

"Why medicine?"
"Why School X?"
"In your personal statement, you describe the volunteer work you did, would you like to elaborate?"

Maybe there just wasn't anything noteworthy.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whatever the questions are, they are noteworthy. Even if they are the same as all the other posts. You can see how often a question is asked, and therefore extrapolate how likely it is that you will be asked that question.

Whatever the questions are, they are noteworthy. Even if they are the same as all the other posts. You can see how often a question is asked, and therefore extrapolate how likely it is that you will be asked that question.

I don't know see why one should bother putting in these types of questions. Anyone who doesn't have good answers for them probably shouldn't be interviewing in the first place. But if you find these things useful, that's fine. Maybe there are a couple of interviews I'll add.

Originally posted by Optimist
Anyone who doesn't have good answers for them probably shouldn't be interviewing in the first place. But if you find these things useful, that's fine.
Nasty little implication for an optimist. I am quite qualified to be interviewing at medical schools.
I don't think using this sight to "cram" for any questions is a bright way to use the resource. It would be too easy to answer a similar (but different) question incorrectly. Mostly it helps to know what might be asked so you don't freeze up or fumble through a question you know how to answer, but have not thought about.

Nasty little implication for an optimist. I am quite qualified to be interviewing at medical schools.
I don't think using this sight to "cram" for any questions is a bright way to use the resource. It would be too easy to answer a similar (but different) question incorrectly. Mostly it helps to know what might be asked so you don't freeze up or fumble through a question you know how to answer, but have not thought about.

I consider myself an optimist in life, but anyone thinking of interviewing has to know the answers to the types of questions I mentioned, and certainly shouldn't need Interview Feedback to clue them in on this. Preparing and thinking of some meaningful ideas is hardly the same as the "cramming" you imply.

If there was something that particularly caught someone by surprise in the interview, or was difficult, then it is meaningful for them to add it to the Feedback.

I'm not trying to start anything here, I'm just defending those who don't feel like repeating what has already been mentioned time and time again, and I'm defending those Feedback users who don't want to sift through all that uselessness.

personally, i'd rather know that a school's interviews are generally laid-back than the particular questions asked during those interviews. but that could just be me.

Originally posted by robotdancing
personally, i'd rather know that a school's interviews are generally laid-back than the particular questions asked during those interviews. but that could just be me.

i agree....

i dont think there is anything particularly wrong with that example that was posted above. sure it was kind of empty at certain points but on average there will be people that are very detailed and others that are not. it evens out. dont dog on the fact that they at least took sometime to post. there are many who just look and dont post their own experiences.

i mean the things of importance for me....
1. the color of the smiley faces and whether or not that person thought it was stressful.
2. their thoughts and any nuances that i should know about like split campus interviews etc...
3. any questions they may have posted. we should all expect...the basics...why medicine, tell me about yourself/ECs/family..., health care issues, ethical issues, anything else on your AMCAS...., why our school etc...

so yeah. this is just how i feel about the whole matter. its not like they just posted the date they interviewed and that was it. now that would be a waste.

at least they posted something...

Originally posted by robotdancing

Ultimately the point that rgporter is trying to make is that some people find all interview experiences important, regardless if it is similar to other posts. Reporting the stressful or atypical interviews will drown out the majority of interviews that are standard low stress giving an interviewee a false sense of the school. It is important to post your experiences so that all of us can get an idea of the average interview and not just the one in 50 that is challenging. These experiences also give us an idea of what the school is like and what their interview philosophy is.

Well that person actually take the time to fill out an interview feedback, so please appreciate that, even though it's not what YOU wanna see. And how lame it is to bring this up on the bulletin board? What if that person is actually reading thread?

Originally posted by calebho501
Well that person actually take the time to fill out an interview feedback, so please appreciate that, even though it's not what YOU wanna see. And how lame it is to bring this up on the bulletin board? What if that person is actually reading thread?

Then they will know that I was annoyed. I think somehow they will survive. I expressed a preference, for the most part nobody agreed with me. So I shrugged it off and moved on. I only referenced this post to let lane know that we've been through this recently.