If you borderline passed ICE on STEP 2 CS, how many stars above borderline did you have?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ccmonopolies

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Question: If you borderline passed ICE on STEP 2 CS, how many stars above borderline did you have in the ICE section?

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 4.17.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 4.17.26 PM.png
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,357
Reactions: 1 users
Is this still passing? I thought if the stars crossed the borderline bar you failed. Anyway, my first ICE star was just right to the borderline bar.
Yup, it's a definite pass. I'm starring at my score sheet now. I didn't feel like editing out stuff to protect my identity so I uploaded a section.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had 6 above and 5 within the borderline. Definitely passed so it's dependent on how many you have below borderline.

Here is mine.
Mine was even closer to failing. I had 6 stars in the grey zone and 5 to the left. Literally as close to failing as one can get and still pass. Would have failed with the new scoring rules. Thank the good man upstairs for letting me pass and never have to worry about it again.

Reactions: 5 users
Mine was even closer to failing. I had 6 stars in the grey zone and 5 to the left. Literally as close to failing as one can get and still pass. Would have failed with the new scoring rules. Thank the good man upstairs for letting me pass and never have to worry about it again.

How did you feel coming out of that exam?

How did you feel coming out of that exam?

honestly pretty good. thats why I was surprised. I did realize I was finishing early in some of the scenarios compared to the other people but I thought I was pretty thorough. I think my physical exam skills were lacking but hard to tell.

honestly pretty good. thats why I was surprised. I did realize I was finishing early in some of the scenarios compared to the other people but I thought I was pretty thorough. I think my physical exam skills were lacking but hard to tell.

So if I felt like **** then is that a bad sign? I guessed on half my cases because the complaints and findings were too vague

So if I felt like **** then is that a bad sign? I guessed on half my cases because the complaints and findings were too vague

no there was def some vague cases and places where I couldn't come up with many things in the differential. This isn't a mc exam so how you feel is a poor predictor with how you did.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, what does the star signify? I mean, there r 12cases in step2cs and I see 11stars in score reports. Is it that 11 out of 12 cases are graded?

I failed the ICE component of USMLE Step 2 CS with one star in the higher performance area, 6 in the borderline performance area, and 8 in the lower performance area.

Do any of you think a score recheck would produce favorable results considering my borderline performance on the ICE component?

Bumping this thread because I'm curious to know with the new scoring rules how many X's above borderline is required for a pass

Hey,

I passed with all of the stars above the borderline section in the ICE section and 2 stars above the border line section in the CIS section.

Reactions: 1 users
This test is so dumb. I wish we could start a class action lawsuit, but I’m not sure we have legal standing. Maybe since it’s an unregulated monopoly? Maybe some sore of interstate commerce violation?

Last edited: