If you borderline passed ICE on STEP 2 CS, how many stars above borderline did you have?

ccmonopolies

7+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Question: If you borderline passed ICE on STEP 2 CS, how many stars above borderline did you have in the ICE section?

About the Ads

bluemagik5

5+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2013
Status
Is this still passing? I thought if the stars crossed the borderline bar you failed. Anyway, my first ICE star was just right to the borderline bar.
Yup, it's a definite pass. I'm starring at my score sheet now. I didn't feel like editing out stuff to protect my identity so I uploaded a section.

breadlover72

2+ Year Member
Mar 11, 2016
I had 6 above and 5 within the borderline. Definitely passed so it's dependent on how many you have below borderline.

Anicetus

5+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Mine was even closer to failing. I had 6 stars in the grey zone and 5 to the left. Literally as close to failing as one can get and still pass. Would have failed with the new scoring rules. Thank the good man upstairs for letting me pass and never have to worry about it again.
How did you feel coming out of that exam?

May 9, 2017
Status
Medical Student
How did you feel coming out of that exam?
honestly pretty good. thats why I was surprised. I did realize I was finishing early in some of the scenarios compared to the other people but I thought I was pretty thorough. I think my physical exam skills were lacking but hard to tell.

Anicetus

5+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2013
Status
Medical Student
honestly pretty good. thats why I was surprised. I did realize I was finishing early in some of the scenarios compared to the other people but I thought I was pretty thorough. I think my physical exam skills were lacking but hard to tell.
So if I felt like **** then is that a bad sign? I guessed on half my cases because the complaints and findings were too vague

May 9, 2017
Status
Medical Student
So if I felt like **** then is that a bad sign? I guessed on half my cases because the complaints and findings were too vague
no there was def some vague cases and places where I couldn't come up with many things in the differential. This isn't a mc exam so how you feel is a poor predictor with how you did.

Feb 4, 2018
Status
Medical Student
I failed ICE with one star ABOVE borderline. I am trying to find out if this has happened to anyone???

W19

Membership Revoked
Removed
Removed
Account on Hold
Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2014
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I failed ICE with one star ABOVE borderline. I am trying to find out if this has happened to anyone???
Poster #2 in this thread has only one star (x) above borderline and he/she passed. No one knows how NBME score this exam... Maybe it's worth asking for a re-score

bu_ht

2+ Year Member
Nov 13, 2016
Status
Non-Student
Hi, what does the star signify? I mean, there r 12cases in step2cs and I see 11stars in score reports. Is it that 11 out of 12 cases are graded?

Syncrohnize

PGY-1
7+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2010
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I think it’s where the median star lands.

Apr 25, 2018
I failed the ICE component of USMLE Step 2 CS with one star in the higher performance area, 6 in the borderline performance area, and 8 in the lower performance area.

Do any of you think a score recheck would produce favorable results considering my borderline performance on the ICE component?

About the Ads