if you can post one memory from dental school, what would it be?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

denturewearer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

My exchange trip to Japan. Awesome. Best trip of my life.

Members don't see this ad :)
The time the student in the next cubicle threw a gold crown down a patient's throat. 2 weeks before graduation.....the last crown he needed to graduate. He got pissed because he could hear my muffled laughs. He was about to send the patient to the bathroom with gloves and a tongue blade, but the faculty stopped him.

during my geriatrics rotation, i turn around to look at some x-rays and a female patient tightly grabbed my arse. i swear, she wouldn't let go. i didn't want attn brought to the situation, but as she leaves the clinic she screams out "i grabbed so and so's arse and he loved it" of course this attracted all us jokers in clinic, and once she had a crowd she gave her side of the story (ie. he wanted it, enjoyed it, but his arse isn't as nice as this sailor's who i once dated) she went on for about 10 minutes. clinic director asked if i wanted to write a complaint, i didn't. but she jumps in and volunteers to give a play by play to him as well. i was a little antsy leaving the clinic that day after dark!!!

One of my classmates had a patient who was this really hot stripper. She would get a kick out of saying real loud "do your classmates know you're doin' me?" because this guys was pretty quiet and mild-mannered, etc.

My buddy was in the clinic restroom taking an "anatomically correct" alginate impression of his ummm, Twig and Berries. And this old Perio faculty walked in and started cussing a blue streak when he realized what was going on. We were all just laughing like crazy.

Then my buddy poured up the "Monumental Model" in Purple Silky-Rock and made it into a paperweight and gave it to our favorite professor in a Gift bag as a going away present right in the middle of clinic.

:laugh:

My buddy was in the clinic restroom taking an "anatomically correct" alginate impression of his ummm, Twig and Berries. And this old Perio faculty walked in and started cussing a blue streak when he realized what was going on. We were all just laughing like crazy.

Then my buddy poured up the "Monumental Model" in Purple Silky-Rock and made it into a paperweight and gave it to our favorite professor in a Gift bag as a going away present right in the middle of clinic.

what?!! :laugh:

One of my classmates had a patient who was this really hot stripper. She would get a kick out of saying real loud "do your classmates know you're doin' me?" because this guys was pretty quiet and mild-mannered, etc.

That reminds me...my buddy was treating a stripper as well. She'd had lip implants and told my buddy about them. He was grabbing her lip and asked if they felt any different. She grabbed her own boobs and said, "Not much different than these feel."

I was a 4th year and a 3rd year was in the operatory next to me in the prosth clinic. He was doing an esthetic try in for his first arches of dentures. As he was using the bunsen burner to make adjustments in his set of the teeth, he tipped it over and started his operatory on fire:eek: That was the most memorable one (aside from actually getting my diploma!)

I've got sttripper storries too. Seems to be a common theme, strippers gravititing to dental schools:p ;)

I had a buddy in clinic that used to put a fat dip in under his mask while he treated his patients (NO JOKE).

There is this kid that I will be amazed if he graduates. Attempted probe depths on a denture, told a patient to not brush her tongue because it will destroy her taste buds, told a patient to rinse with soapy water to cure a ranula, and attempted endo in the pre-doc clinic with the training (non-sterile) endodontics kit and asked a periodontist to help him out because he wasn't sure exactly what he was doing... Sad that I find this entertaining.

Members don't see this ad :)

To which I would have responded, "yea, let me tell you, you suck!" Nice and loud so that everybody else can here it. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

There is this kid that I will be amazed if he graduates. Attempted probe depths on a denture, told a patient to not brush her tongue because it will destroy her taste buds, told a patient to rinse with soapy water to cure a ranula, and attempted endo in the pre-doc clinic with the training (non-sterile) endodontics kit and asked a periodontist to help him out because he wasn't sure exactly what he was doing... Sad that I find this entertaining.
Wow. :eek:

Oh, I have a few:

When I was about to travel to China to adopt my little girl, so many of my patients brought in gifts for her. It meant a lot to me because it was a sign that they had come to like me. :)

I remember getting a "fanny pat" from a (female) prof in clinic after doing a good job. :oops:

I met my best buddy in dental school.....we weathered many a "dental school" storm together. :cool:

Of course, picking up my diploma was wonderful! :D .....as was my final walk of that g*dforsaken campus.

I think one of my most memorable experiences was oversleeping and being 75 minutes late for a 90 minute final exam, finishing before a few other classmates and getting an A- on the exam!

I think one of my most memorable experiences was oversleeping and being 75 minutes late for a 90 minute final exam, finishing before a few other classmates and getting an A- on the exam!

My fondest memory of dental school was probaly in gross lab, when I was tossing a heart like a football to a friend of mine.

Preparing for the NERBS knowing I had completed all my requirements and had already checked out of all the deparments, a relief and a luxury, and at graduation knowing there was a diploma waiting for me. A long and short journey. Surreal.