IF you could do it again what would you do differently?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

97obw

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if you could go through the route to being accepted to pharm school again, what would you do differently in your pre-pharm era?

Members don't see this ad.

I am probably going to be killed for saying this, but....

1. Go to a very easy easy community college in the ghetto, where I heard in ochem class the attendance is worth 40% of the grade.

1. Go to a very easy easy community college in the ghetto, where I heard in ochem class the attendance is worth 40% of the grade.

lol...me too:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I won't say that I would've applied earlier since the emotional issues I experienced during the second half of my undergrad may have resulted in getting kicked out of pharmacy school. Besides, I planned to get a degree anyway as irrelevant as it may seem in the long term.

I would have paid more attention to the secondary requirements for each school as I mistakenly applied to schools that I didn't have the credentials to complete their prereqs. I applied rather late (late December) so I definitely would have changed that.

I would've not gotten Cs in stupid classes like US History.

Don't ask...

I'd have started right out of HS- by attending a 6yr program, versus going to college for 4 years as a pre-med then taking a year off and doing research. I'd have been a pharmacist a few years younger. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things- I had the opportunity to attend one of the best UGs in the country, and I'm still where I want to be.

Also, if I knew I wanted to be a pharmacist sooner, I'd have applied to more pharmacy schools. I had my choice schools, but I missed those deadlines.

You can't monday-morning quarterback it. You just have to keep going forward and keep making the right decisions. But, you could possibly help others by answering the original poster's question...

i would've done a 0-6 program.

1. i wouldn't have wasted 1 year as an undeclared major
2. i would attempt to do better in my useless/GE classes so that my GPA would be higher
3. i would get pharmacy experience earlier

wow i made all the mistakes you guys made. I was undeclared for a year. I slacked off in college taking only a few classes. I messed up with stupid GE classes and got Cs Ds and Fs. Even in the beginning when I turned to pharmacy I didn't take those sceince classes too seriously. I thought c=pharmD. evidently that isn't the case to get into the program. I was a wreck. I'd change all that and start over as a freshman in hs. I wouldn't do the 0-6 year thing though. That won't give you enough time to see if pharmacy is really right for you. You don't have other options to explore in college and you don't have the college experience.

I would have actually showed up to class during my freshman year vs. just showing up for exams. Lol.

I would've studied my butt off for the SAT, get a high score so I can apply to UOP's 2+3 pharm program. I could be out with a PharmD this past Spring. Now I feel like I wasted my 4.3 GPA in high school =P

even in the ghetto their are a lot of underpriviledged kids who are smart and study all day and there are foreign poeple who study abroad and really know their sciences/math so they raise the curve.

Now where in teh ghetto are you referring to that gives 40% for attendence. i dont believe that one bit. maybe it might be easier to go from a B+ to an A/A- but I don't think its that easy.