if you could go back in time......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ak47

flossy flossy
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the 1 or 2 classes you wish you took (or are glad you took) in undergrad (science or not)? Thanks!

(I have one more semester and am trying to make it as sweet as possible...so far I have comparative vertebrate anatomy and ceramics!)

Members don't see this ad.

I wish I'd had some histo. That was a challenge for me as a dental student.

What are the 1 or 2 classes you wish you took (or are glad you took) in undergrad (science or not)? Thanks!

(I have one more semester and am trying to make it as sweet as possible...so far I have comparative vertebrate anatomy and ceramics!)

I wish i had photo. It would be sweet to learn how to develop pictures. Thats what i would have taken.

Members don't see this ad :)
Science -- Histology and histology lab were by far the most beneficial courses I took in undergrad. And it definitely didn't hurt taking them during my last semester in undergrad... right before I took it again in this past fall.

Non-science -- I didn't take many non-science courses since I was a biology major, but I guess a beneficial/interesting course I took was technical writing. We learned the proper way to write cover letters, resumes, manuscripts, memos, etc... all the necessary professional documents that I don't think people ever really take the time to learn, or are never taught the right way.

There were a couple of courses that were offered that I never got to take, but they sounded interesting... medical anthropology, history of medicine, and history of sports.

unclerico.jpg

Forget the sciences classes. I'd have worked in a dental lab.

I would take Spanish. Perhaps a study abroad program somewhere with a beach. Mediterranean, Gulf, Atlantic, or Pacific- I'm not picky.

Psych-human behavior or communication skills- It seems that dentists have to deal with people and occasionally speak to them.

A second guessing thread:rolleyes:

Classes I'm glad I took: Immunology and Histology

Classes I wish I'd taken: Embryology, Medical Micro

Class I wish I'd paid more attention in: Microbiology

Would have rather of taken a physiology course and an anatomy course rather than Integrated A&P.

Definately I would take a microbiology or advanced microbiology course and a histo or anatomy or physiology course. All are important and all of them are difficult in dental school. Oh and the golf course sounds like a great idea too.:laugh: