If you could meet with an adcom BEFORE submitting your application...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sudo

Señor Member
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you could meet with an adcom before submitting your application, what are some questions you would ask him/her?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would ask: How many poop hot dogs can I eat to guarantee admission?

Members don't see this ad :)
The room would be lightly dimmed so as many of my facial features will be hidden. I would stare him/her in their eyes and slowly word with my lips...."Kony 2012" and walk out.

The room would be lightly dimmed so as many of my facial features will be hidden. I would stare him/her in their eyes and slowly word with my lips...."Kony 2012" and walk out.

I think the goal is to get into med school, not get banned from applying...

I went through five of these at different allo schools. Make sure you do your homework; it's a chance to stand out.

One question I always asked:

What would you recommend I do (or add to my plan) over the next year before I hope to matriculate, that would make me a better-prepared medical student?

Learn about their programs, have questions there though they're mostly for fillers. You're there to sell yourself. Go get em champ.

I think the goal is to get into med school, not get banned from applying...

Sorry OP for this being completely unrelated to your thread, but typicalindian...is the moving picture with the 2 boys dancing a youtube video and if so, can you provide a link? Every time I see it I want to see more cuz I feel like it would be a good laugh.

The only things they can really help you with:

-Depending on how much time you have, things you can do to strengthen your application (work/activities). Possibly which activities you should highlight.
-Insight on to your personal statement

I feel like anything else you ask them is really just for your own speculation. LizzyM offered a valuable opportunity this past winter with an "Ask me anything" style thread.

[youtube]btwG0E4xke0[/youtube]

Thank you all for your constructive suggestions - I'm sure my meeting will go well!

And for all the funny remarks, thank you guys for those too :)