If you could purchase one "go-to", popular,supplemental online study aid such as, for example, DatBooster or DatBootcamp, what would it be?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basskleff

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Good wishes. I am retaking the DAT and the journey. I am reading a lot of good things about DAT Booster. If you could afford just one such aid to complement your process, which one would you choose? Maybe I can do two, who knows? How much are DAT Booster and DAT Bootcamp individually?
I actually got into school and attended for a class of 2022, and had to leave suddenly due to a health issue -a huge bummer, but I am back in the game! So I am retaking mine because it's too old. I sat once for the 2014 DAT and had 20TS, 19AA, 21Bio, 20GC,19OC,19RC, 17PAT and 16QRT. I had self-studied primarily with Princeton Review and my textbooks and notes. I did buy CrackTheDat towards the end before sitting for the test. That software was OK, somewhat junky. PAT section was decent.
Anyone who wishes to ask me about my (short) time in school and the admissions journey or whole process, feel free.

-BK

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Great non-answer from artist2022. That guy should have gone into law.

Buy DAT Bootcamp since you haven't used it before. You can read all those reviews, but this is all you need. After only taking the bare minimum of courses my dental school required, I nailed the DAT on my first attempt and all I used was DAT Bootcamp. Now I'm in dental school.

The Bio notes are clutch. Concise enough so you're not overloaded. Dense enough that you can dive deep into a topic you don't feel comfortable with.

Gen Chem + OChem offer a lecture video on every topic so you can dive as deep as you want.

The PAT videos show you good techniques on how to work through the problems.

QR is math so at this point in your life, you're either gonna be good with numbers or you're not. Physics should have told you which kind of person you are.

The real strength of DAT Bootcamp lies in the full length practice exams that you should save for your last week or two of studying - once you feel like you're confident with all the material. The trick is to make sure you REVIEW ALL OF THE QUESTIONS after you finish the exam. Yes, even the ones you got right. This is because you can look at the wrong answers to decide why they are wrong so you can figure out the common traps the DAT likes to use. If you can get a decent score on those practice exams, then you will be primed for the real exam. I, as well as many others, find the DAT Bootcamp exams to be reasonable but more challenging than the actual exam.

You can get access to discount codes if you are associated with your school's Pre-Dental Society. If not, its still worth it in my mind.

Hope this is the kind of concrete answer you were looking for.

Golfballer

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 users
If you want ONE comprehensive resource to use, I think bootcamp is the best choice for the same reasons he stated above

Reactions: 1 user