If You Do Poorly in Med School......

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mednomad

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are you basically going to end up practising medicine in small town, usa?

In general, are the jobs in the big cities so competitive to get that you have to really do well in med school and get a good residency/fellowship?

Thanks for your responses.

Members don't see this ad.

You can always be a Dr. that speaks on infomercials. I think SnS mentioned you can also do OB/GYN videos on some website but I forgot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Fermata
Not if you go to JHU/Harvard.

How many people in JHU/Harvard do poorly in med school?

Originally posted by devils143
Are you basically going to end up practising medicine in small town, usa?

In general, are the jobs in the big cities so competitive to get that you have to really do well in med school and get a good residency/fellowship?

Thanks for your responses.

Hmm.....could be....but I think politics plays more important roles than grades, boards, clinicals. Who do you know? How well do you know them? Is this person a family member? Etc.
Boards are also more important than your grades as well. Its the only way to compare you to the students across the country....not just your school. If your preclinical grades suck....rock the boards, rock your clinicals, youll end up at a good residency.

I agree that board scores determine ALOT!!!!!!! And whatever you do, don't take a preliminary year for surgery, you will be completely screwed the following year if your board scores are low.

Originally posted by lisa13579
I agree that board scores determine ALOT!!!!!!! And whatever you do, don't take a preliminary year for surgery, you will be completely screwed the following year if your board scores are low.

What does that mean to not take a prelim year for surgery?