if you don't get any offers on Dec 1st what will happen next?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sophiee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know schools invite more students to interviews after Dec.1st. So if you don't get in on Dec the first, are you most likely rejected meaning that schools consider those students with post dec. interviews more important than those with pre dec. interviews? Or schools roll a few days with pre dec interviewees then start inviting?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I know schools invite more students to interviews after Dec.1st. So if you don't get in on Dec the first, are you most likely rejected meaning that schools consider those students with post dec. interviews more important than those with pre dec. interviews? Or schools roll a few days with pre dec interviewees then start inviting?

The truth is, no one knows how EXACTLY this whole process works. I know people that interviewed very early (like in september) but didn't get accepted until the following summer. There are some people that interviewed Nov 20 and got accepted Dec 1. The only real answer to your question is that nothing is definite or absolute about not hearing on Dec 1, regardless of when you interview. THe only time that you can absolutely lose hope is when you receive all 4 rejections, or next August when classes start. So you're in for a long ride, because there is still 9 months of possibility ahead of you.

thanks for asking this question. i was wondering this too.

The truth is, no one knows how EXACTLY this whole process works. I know people that interviewed very early (like in september) but didn't get accepted until the following summer. There are some people that interviewed Nov 20 and got accepted Dec 1. The only real answer to your question is that nothing is definite or absolute about not hearing on Dec 1, regardless of when you interview. THe only time that you can absolutely lose hope is when you receive all 4 rejections, or next August when classes start. So you're in for a long ride, because there is still 9 months of possibility ahead of you.

A friend of mine didn't get accepted until 2 weeks before his class started. He was preparing to take the DAT again and apply again. You NEVER know. I hope you get in though. :xf: