If you don't get in-what will you do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desiprince1212

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
1) What will you do if you do not gain acceptance to medical school this cycle?

We have all heard this one before. But one of the schools I am looking at asked me this question. What is the standard response I should give. I was thinking...
If I don't get in....I'll do some research.....work for a year....strengthen my application...and try again the next cycle...."
Am I missing anything?

Thank you everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

there is no wrong answer here, tell them what your HONESTLY going to do if you don't get in. Maybe job? maybe post-bacc? maybe retake DAT? I dunno, possibilities are endless

Is this meant for the pre-med forum?

Members don't see this ad :)
go do dental school in the UK and spend the time gaining my certification in north america rather than going to grad school

after so much undergrad research and work i feel burned out by the propsect of studying microbio in grad school

If i don't see "offer extended" on december 1st, i am buying a ticket to taipei, i hear taipei 101 is one of the tallest buildings on the planet :), height+gravity=ultimate alternative to rejections

1) What will you do if you do not gain acceptance to medical school this cycle?

We have all heard this one before. But one of the schools I am looking at asked me this question. What is the standard response I should give. I was thinking...
If I don't get in....I'll do some research.....work for a year....strengthen my application...and try again the next cycle...."
Am I missing anything?

Thank you everyone!
I'm pretty sure 99% of the pre-dents here will NOT get into medical school this year. So, they probably will not be too surprised.