If you guys had 50 mill in the bank, would you go to med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

so?

• yes

Votes: 88 65.2%
  • no

Votes: 46 34.1%

• Total voters

primerz

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, be honest with yourself

:D

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah I would, it would just be named after me.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I had that much money, I would buy an MD degree. I would throw in a little extra if they included the PhD with it.

yes, i still would. but ide be more chill.

yes, i would because i want help people. :p no matter how rich you still need a job. Bill gates has much more than this and he still works.

i'd still go to med school, but i'd suuuuuure set my own hours post-residency

i would take a couple years off. Buy a sports team (Bears), Marry a supermodel , travel the world, then go back to medschool if the mood should strike me.

Yes, I would.

My life's goal is to prescribe medical marijuana for the many teenagers hopelessly afflicted with glaucoma.

CCW

Originally posted by chitown
i would take a couple years off. Buy a sports team (Bears), Marry a supermodel , travel the world, then go back to medschool if the mood should strike me.

both sports teams, and supermodels cost more than 50 mill.

No doubt! There are so many children with cancer I hope to help. I can use the money for research! :)

That depends, if you catch the bears on a good year, then you are right, but if you catch them on a bad year, you are wrong.

GO BEARS!:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DrJ2B
No doubt! There are so many children with cancer I hope to help. I can use the money for research! :)

now that is a committment...use the money for your research. good for you if youre serious!

PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

here is another question someone once asked me...

would you still be a dr if you lived in a poor country where drs are paid very little but respected a lot (i think thats true in the philliapenes).

all i could say back to her is that im not doing this for the money, that there are many other ways, like real estate, to make big bucks in if i wanted. and anyway if i lived elsewhere my entire life story and passions would be very different to begin with so her question is impossible to answer.

she answered back to me, no, i dont think you would be!

...pissed me off. what would you say to her?

Oh yeah, I would also buy an NFL and NBA franchise to boot.

Though Id have to invest the money first and make a huge return.

Yes, but I would work for free somewhere that really needed me. Maybe even go abroad to my country of origin and work there for free... That would be a dream come true.

I would have busted my ass off too much at this point to not go to med school. i'd feel like such a bum if i didn't have a job. besides, medicine is more of a 'career' than a job anyway. i'd get pleasure from pursuing my career.

Originally posted by crazy250
yes, i would because i want help people. :p no matter how rich you still need a job. Bill gates has much more than this and he still works.

And he's an incredible philanthropist!

I would most likely go to medical school anyway...but I'd probably put myself through flight school first!

I would certainly go to med school, you can still pursue a passion while being rich, physical things alone can't fulfill you for long. The good thing is that I won't have to worry about the loans and where I would find the capital to start my own practice.

Originally posted by RAwe
I would certainly go to med school, you can still pursue a passion while being rich, physical things alone can't fulfill you for long. The good thing is that I won't have to worry about the loans and where I would find the capital to start my own practice.

I second that. I would use the money to buy a nice house and car for med school though.

id go, and then i wouldnt feel any pangs about becoming a FP.

I wouldn't be taking out $150k in frikkin loans, but yeah.

My Dad always said to me: Find something you would do even if you had all the money in the world because that is what we call a "career" - anything else is just a "job".

My silent response: I guess that's why they call them blowJ*bs, not blowcareers... But in all seriousness, though, I give them credit for steering me in the general direction of fulfillment by letting me know that early on in my life! Go Dad!