If you had the money, would you just apply to every pharmacy school in America?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MC1910

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems like a lot of people are limiting their schools because of the application fees, if you had the money would you apply to every single one to increase your chances? lol

Members don't see this ad.

If one decides to apply to all the pharmacy schools, then they would also have to take a wide variety of pre-requisites because they vary from school and region. That would mean they have quite an amount of time on their hands lol. Maybe not ALL the schools, but a huge amount if I had the money sounds very plausible.

Absolutely not. I went to a large public university for my undergraduate degree. I was very happy to choose a much smaller institution for pharmacy school. I love that I know all my of professors (and they know me). I appreciate that I can walk into the Dean's Office (both pharmacy school and graduate school deans, as I am enrolled in two programs) and they know personally who I am. I do not think it would be the same experience at a larger institution. I would encourage you to think past the application fee - you will spend 3-4 years at this institution. Pick one that is a good fit for you!

Members don't see this ad :)
In my opinion, the application cost and difficulty of completing the application should not factor in to the decision of whether or not to apply to a school. Those costs are completely trivial to the actual cost of attendance of any of the schools. Now, accepting 10 different out of state interviews is another story. At that point, you may want to prioritize.

I agree with bmkleinb. To add, I know that there are some schools that I am just not competitive enough for--for instance, CA schools.

You wouldn't be able to make all the interviews scheduled for you. If you are really worried about getting in someplace, I would consider applying at all the schools that extended their deadlines. I'd be willing to bet that these schools extended their deadlines because they did not have enough qualified applicants. If you PM me I can sen you the list of schools that bumped backs deadlines.

Otherwise, I'd pick 10 schools you'd want to attend and apply to only those.

There are many, many places I would not want to live in the US. To answer your question, NO, I would only apply to places I would think I'd like my family to live and raise my children. If you have children now then it'd be wise to research the public/private school system, crime rates, cost of living, etc... There are many factors in deciding on where I would want to go to school. Having to deal with many different pre-requisites would be a pain as well...