If you had to do it again...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noopers16

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have taken the "beast" already, what are some things you would have done differently if you could study for it again? Or (and I hope this is none of you reading this) if you have to?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who have taken the "beast" already, what are some things you would have done differently if you could study for it again? Or (and I hope this is none of you reading this) if you have to?

I'm pretty sure the replies to this thread will be from people who are retaking it. Anyone who did well enough on it probably doesn't care about what they could've/should've done differently.

Here are the things I am doing and will continue to do differently.

1. Review all of the content.
2. Not going to skip over things I struggle with because "this probably won't be on the mcat anyway"
3. Doing practice passages, not just discretes.
4. Doing practice FLs
5. Making sure I understand a concept rather than just memorizing
6. Try to help others who are struggling with concepts I understand
7. Ask questions and accept that I do and will need help a lot

I'm pretty sure the replies to this thread will be from people who are retaking it. Anyone who did well enough on it probably doesn't care about what they could've/should've done differently.

Here are the things I am doing and will continue to do differently.

1. Review all of the content.
2. Not going to skip over things I struggle with because "this probably won't be on the mcat anyway"
3. Doing practice passages, not just discretes.
4. Doing practice FLs
5. Making sure I understand a concept rather than just memorizing
6. Try to help others who are struggling with concepts I understand
7. Ask questions and accept that I do and will need help a lot

this is so important