If you have taken the MCAT 2015 already, Let us know what you think.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oblongataforreal

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is important to learn from peers experiences. MCAT is one of the real challenges that any pre-med student has to go through. Since the new MCAT has changed a lot, some of the things you have heard about the old exam might not apply anymore. We all know the differences between the old one and the new one, but I think it will be the best to hear it from those who have already taken it and have a success or a failure story. PLEASE LET US HEAR YOU.

I am wondering what those who have taken the exam already think about the MCAT 2015? Kindly give your opinion for EACH QUESTION. I believe this thread can help many students to get a better grasp of the new MCAT. Thank you for participating and answering the questions.

Please let us know:

1-What prep course or book you used?

2-How long did you study for the exam?

3-What was you prep test average score? each section?

4-What was your score on the real deal? If you have heard back from AAMC

5-Which section you struggled the most on the test? Why?

6-Which section you found the easiest on the test? Why?

7-How did you feel about the Sociology and Psychology section? why

8-If you could go back to the first day when you started to study for the MCAT, What would you do differently?

9-What is you best advice to other test takers? What's the second best advice?

10-Is there anything else you would like to share with us?

Thank you,
Amir

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would wait until after the first week of May so people at least know their percentiles.

Members don't see this ad :)
They can come back an

They might be kind enough to come back and edit their post later

dude! Come on! it takes 2 minutes to answer all these
I haven't taken it yet lol I still got a year. I'm definitely interested in hearing what people have to say. You just seemed demanding as hell lol don't take offense!

Reactions: 1 user
1. TPR Review Course (online +books)
2. Since beginning of January until the test, Monday-Thurs (3hrs/day) and practice tests approximately every other week with some other random studying at odd hours.
3. Chem/Phys: 71% CARS: 87% Bio: 73% Psych/Soc: 85%
4. No idea: ahhh so scary! :[
5. Definitely Chemistry and Physics. I think I psyched myself out a bit and did not pace well. I ended up rushing on the last few questions. Most of the questions were critical thinking and I think I spent too much time on them. One of my friends who took it felt the same way. Also, there were a lot of complicated passages that took me a while to get through
6. Psych and Sociology: I finished with like 30 minutes left. Honestly, just take an intro class in both subjects, study hard, and you'll be fine. It's more of a "you either know it or you don't" type section. The experiments you have to analyze are much less complicated. Although to be fair, I concentrate in neuro so psych overlaps with that a lot. TPR did a good job preparing me for this section.
7. ^ see above
8. Study more for my actual classes in school- this is honestly the best way to prepare. Also spend a lot more time reading and interpreting, whether it's scientific literature and reviews, or other material that requires honest thought. TA biochem so I could master material better
9. Start studying early and base what you study off the practice AAMC test- this is really close to the real deal. Also, join a lab! This helps you familiarize yourself with primary lit. Finally, TA classes that have overlapping material with the MCAT.
10. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
1. TPR Review Course (online +books)
2. Since beginning of January until the test, Monday-Thurs (3hrs/day) and practice tests approximately every other week with some other random studying at odd hours.
3. Chem/Phys: 71% CARS: 87% Bio: 73% Psych/Soc: 85%
4. No idea: ahhh so scary! :[
5. Definitely Chemistry and Physics. I think I psyched myself out a bit and did not pace well. I ended up rushing on the last few questions. Most of the questions were critical thinking and I think I spent too much time on them. One of my friends who took it felt the same way. Also, there were a lot of complicated passages that took me a while to get through
6. Psych and Sociology: I finished with like 30 minutes left. Honestly, just take an intro class in both subjects, study hard, and you'll be fine. It's more of a "you either know it or you don't" type section. The experiments you have to analyze are much less complicated. Although to be fair, I concentrate in neuro so psych overlaps with that a lot. TPR did a good job preparing me for this section.
7. ^ see above
8. Study more for my actual classes in school- this is honestly the best way to prepare. Also spend a lot more time reading and interpreting, whether it's scientific literature and reviews, or other material that requires honest thought. TA biochem so I could master material better
9. Start studying early and base what you study off the practice AAMC test- this is really close to the real deal. Also, join a lab! This helps you familiarize yourself with primary lit. Finally, TA classes that have overlapping material with the MCAT.
10. Good luck!
Thanks @springly. Good luck to you as well