Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

if you haven't been verified and haven't checked your transcript status DO SO ASAP!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by slptodoc, Oct 15, 2001.

1. slptodoc

slptodoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

First, thanks to bubblebear......I redialed and was only on hold for 5 minutes!!!!
    Anyway, I spoke with "Michael". He was very nice and of course apologetic...
    I wanted to know about my transcripts since I had them coming from 7 different schools........AND since I had sent them
    WAY back in May/June.
    He told me that 3/7 were in and that as he put it......"more bad news......ALL TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE IN BY OCTOBER 29TH!"
    So, now I've already paid for 2 transcripts each and I will have to pay again and HOPE that they get them out ASAP!
    So, any of you who haven't checked on your transcripts, DO , so you won't end up with another AMCAS surprise!
    L

2. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

I've got the slashes and they told me they have my transcript. I still don't have a date processed...

3. slptodoc

slptodoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

none,
    you should be ok then.....
    I just submitted so I have no grand illusion that i'll be verified or processed any time soon......
    However, if I hadn't FINALLY spoken with someone, I wouldn't have known that some of my transcripts were missing!
    Especially since all of the schools confirmed (via phone) that they had in fact been sent several months ago!

OHHHHHHH! another great AMCAS thing....... the guy I spoke with this morning said that my charge "didn't go through" yet I had a "generic" message stating that my application and payment had been received. I called my cc company and it was charged. AMCAS said I'd have to resubmit my certification and verification "charging it AGAIN" and
    he "promised" that they'd straighten out the charges......... ya right~!
    I'm calling my cc company the minute I receive another "note of receipt" from AMCAS and hopefully they'll omit one of the charges!
    EEEEEEEEEEEK!

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I can't believe they're still having this problem!!! This was happening a lot to people way back in the beginning of this horrendous application period. I thought they'd at least straightened out how to charge people properly! :mad: Try calling AMCAS accounting at 202-828-0451 or, if that doesn't work, try Mike Newman at 202-862-6076. Several people have had luck getting credit card payment problems resolved calling these numbers. Good luck! :)

5. slptodoc

slptodoc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

SMW,
    Hey, thanks for the name and phone number! I will call them!!!!
    Appreciate the help!
    L

6. cali79

cali79 Member
    7+ Year Member

Same thing happened to me...I called to check why I wasn't verified yet. Turns out the first transcript I sent in June got lost. I had to have my transcript sent to AMCAS 3 times (June, September and October) before they could match it with my file.