If you haven't heard anything from a school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biendesalud

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
FYI - from a pre-health advisor:

If you have not heard from a school in a month and have checked online, you may wish to call and verify your current stutus

We had a student a year ago that did not receive email from several schools when they requested supplementary application information. When he called one school to ask about his application, they checked his email address and found it CORRECT! (he was using his official xx school address). They then sent a TEST email that he received. We could never find out what happened, but it placed him at a severe disadvantage at most of the schools and I think he missed the deadline at some other schools. He has not had any problems this year of which I am aware. It does mean that students should check if they think they should have heard from a school.

Dear Colleagues:
This year, I've had two very responsible students discover that their medical school application file was closed when they failed to respond to an email from the program admissions office regarding the scheduling of an interview. I trust these students completely when they say that they did not receive the email. You can imagine their dismay when they contacted the respective program but were told that the closure was irrevocable. Have other advisors had similar situations and how did you resolve the issue?

Members don't see this ad.