if you haven't heard anything yet...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

is it almost safe to assume you've been rejected? do they accept much later? i am still waiting for JHSPH, UAlbany, and UPitt

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it means anything. Maybe you just submitted your application a little later or too close to the deadline.

But yeah, it's annoying when you haven't heard from schools. I'm still waiting to hear from Columbia.

Do you know of others who have been accepted to the programs you're looking at and when? Many programs tend to send out their acceptances about a month before rejections are sent out. Just from my experience a few years back when I first applied, many friends who had applied to the same programs were hearing back in Jan, Feb and March and were getting accepted. I didn't hear anything til about April, and these were all rejections. When I reapplied again to the same programs the next year, I received letters in Feb/March and these were finally acceptances. Not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but just relaying my experiences - the longer you wait (particularly if you know that acceptances have already been going out), the less likely the chance for acceptance. Again, though can be very program-specific so if you don't hear anything by month's ends, may be worth contacting the admissions office. Many had no problem relaying the decision to me over the phone.;)

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard from UAlbany either and I doubt I will be rejected since I got into Yale and Columbia for the same program I applied for at UAlbany. Besides, I think they take more time to evaluate scholarships and such, so don't fret.:thumbup:

I haven't heard from UAlbany either and I doubt I will be rejected since I got into Yale and Columbia for the same program I applied for at UAlbany. Besides, I think they take more time to evaluate scholarships and such, so don't fret.:thumbup:

Well I know UAlbany said it might take til April for any decision so we'll see..

Don't give up hope yet! I heard from JHU about 3 weeks ago, but I had my application in wicked early, so I got the feeling that it takes them a while to process everything.

a lot of school have unofficial wait lists/holds they put students on in the case that those who are offered admissions decide to go elsewhere. so i wouldn't worry at all! good luck!

i agree. i got my acceptance from JHU and BU last week (my application was submitted late though), so the possibility's still there. i would send an email and ask.

I checked my Sophas page and it said admitted to Albany... but I haven't actually heard from the school. Is the sophas update legit? BTW did anyone else have any problems with sophas - they drove me up the wall with their incompetence. They made me miss the deadline for Pitt:(

I checked my Sophas page and it said admitted to Albany... but I haven't actually heard from the school. Is the sophas update legit? BTW did anyone else have any problems with sophas - they drove me up the wall with their incompetence. They made me miss the deadline for Pitt:(
Yes, it is legit. I got my paper acceptance in snail mail yesterday.