If you heard this would you speak up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You're right. Actually, it is not natural for MOST people to think along these lines, but there is a built-in hierarchy in medicine and in hospitals, and those ships are slow to turn. The reality is what it is. You can learn the hard way, or heed the advice of people who've been through the paces and can advise you on how to learn the most and stay out of hot water. Some battles are definitely worth fighting…most, however, are not (IMHO that goes for life in general). You're not going the change the people who are swearing the hallway, and you're not going to make any policy changes (certainly not as a pharmacy student), so what exactly would you hope to be accomplish by confronting these individuals? Get real. Keep your head down, be a soldier, and get your job done. You're there to learn. Stick to that.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't go through the whole feed but I'm a scribe in the ER. I 've worked in 6 different ER's and the F bomb is dropped every which-a-way. Attendings, nurses, techs, janitors, it matters not, who you are. I suppose the difference is that we're cognizant not to use that language in front of patients.

I remember when I was visiting my grandpa and the nurse told him that the nurse scheduled for the next day is "a huge bi*ch"

Then she caught herself and apologized (not that he cared) lol

Members don't see this ad :)
As long as they aren't sweating in front of patients or administrators, they're fine. This isn't a church, it's a hospital.

Of all of my sweating co-workers were fired, the patients would pretty much have no one to care for them.
So essentially anyone with Hyperhidrosis is totally f*cked.

Reactions: 5 users
appleoldrep2-23195011.png

appleoldrep3-23195032.png

Enter there name and select #1 (Offensive language).

You should definitely do this, especially if you want to become a mod.
Looks Like Rune Scape. I played that like 12 years ago, when I was a "gamer" along with the original CoD

Looks Like Rune Scape. I played that like 12 years ago, when I was a "gamer" along with the original CoD
Has it really been 12 years since the first Call of Duty was released?
WTH
…and suddenly I’ve become uncomfortably aware of how old I’ve gotten.

Has it really been 12 years since the first Call of Duty was released?
WTH
…and suddenly I’ve become uncomfortably aware of how old I’ve gotten.

you know how you remember where you were when 9/11 happened? there are teenagers walking around today that weren't even alive yet back then

Reactions: 1 users
you know how you remember where you were when 9/11 happened? there are teenagers walking around today that weren't even alive yet back then
Ok that’s it. Please excuse me while I find my teeth and my cane and hobble off slowly into the sunset.

I never ended up reporting to anyone, but I'm having a hard time assimilating into their culture. Most pharm techs only have a high school level education and I feel some of them who are my age are lacking a certain level of maturity because they didn't go to college ( I feel like I'm back in high school)

Me and this one technician definitely don't see eye to eye. He even mutters insults under his breath but I just ignore it and don't acknowledge it. I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't like me because we're the same age and I'm more accomplished than himself. (And I'm not an arrogant person)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I never ended up reporting to anyone, but I'm having a hard time assimilating into their culture. Most pharm techs only have a high school level education and I feel some of them who are my age are lacking a certain level of maturity because they didn't go to college ( I feel like I'm back in high school)

Me and this one technician definitely don't see eye to eye. He even mutters insults under his breath but I just ignore it and don't acknowledge it. I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't like me because we're the same age and I'm more accomplished than himself. (And I'm not an arrogant person)
Off your high horse.
Get off right now. :beat:
You will work with people with less education than you for the rest of your life, many older. They tend to not care because you're "more accomplished"

experience and overcoming hardship, not education, is what maturity is about. In the health care field, especially, you shouldn't be surprised when some of the most immature people you've ever met have extensive credentials. and some of the most mature people you've ever met are 14 years old. (Just an observation.....not saying ALL 14 year-olds are more mature than ALL neurosurgeons)

Part of what I like about working a hospital is that you can cut up,talk a little **** and have fun at work. I tend to steer clear of tight wads that get easily offended, they're the ones that'll end up fu*king you over anyway.

Pls go.

Are you freaking serious?

Off your high horse.
Get off right now. :beat:
You will work with people with less education than you for the rest of your life, many older. They tend to not care because you're "more accomplished"
And that is completely understood. But I don't have any issues with workers that are older because they do their job and don't act like they're still in high school. Before working in this location of the hospital I worked in another location, and the technicians there warned me that it would be exactly like this and some people act like they're still in high school. Which has come to be true.

And almost all the technicians ( that are older than myself) that I currently work with have four year degrees, or an associates in pharmacy, there's just a select few around my age that don't, and I still stand by my argument that going to school would make them grow up because they'd actually come to realize that school requires you to put in work and learn some responsibility. (One of the lead techs even told me last week she wishes she could discipline and fire people...hmm wonder who she's talking about)

In the end I'm going to take the advice of keeping my head down and my nose on the grinder.

Oh no, not the F word.

Think-of-the-children.jpg