if you plan on reapplying, do you have to...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HangOnSloopy

Your mom goes to college
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
...take your name off the waiting list? I'm sure different schools have different policies, but generally speaking, whats the procedure for this?

Members don't see this ad.

Why would you need to take your name off the waitlist? This would just suggest to the school that you are no longer interested in their school and could hurt your chances for next cycle. Plus, you can still get accepted as late as August or September. So why give up now?

Its not that I am giving up, its just that I was told there are roughly 40 people in front of me on the list, and maybe I am mistaken but I don't think that in a class with 110 places, 40 of them will open up.

I jumped into the application cycle late this year (didnt submit my app till mid november) and I'm hoping that with better DAT scores, and applying early this time, I'll be giving myself a better chance to have a seat in the class of 2009 rather than waiting till september and having to jump into the cycle late again. Does that make any sense? Anybody else have advice on what I should do?

Members don't see this ad :)
Like he said keep your name on the waitlist because otherwise it will seem like don't want to go there anymore. Even better just call the school and ask them what they think about you applying for the 2005 cycle while still on the 2004 waitlist.

You can reapply in May without taking yourself out of the running for this cycle. You don't have to withdraw your applications from one year to be eligible to apply the next year.