If you think you're just a bad test taker it's more likely that you're just not smart.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlatIsJustice

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say this because I've heard so many people who scored poorly on the MCAT tell me this.

"I've just never been good at standardized tests" - Person I know personally who scored a 17 on her MCAT after months of studying.

I've heard this from so many people. Let's just think what it takes to score well on the MCAT:

1. Memorizing basic science knowledge
2. Having the critical thinking ability to use your knowledge and apply it to new situations.
3. Figuring out taking strategies specific to the MCAT
4. Having common sense to be prepared before taking the test

Gee it sounds like if you can't complete 1, 2, 3 or 4 you're just not a smart individual. No more of this denial.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe they aren't in denial and are just trying to maintain face around dbags?

Edit: And not being smart could make you not be good at standardized tests....so they are still right even if their intelligence is the issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just wanted to say this because I've heard so many people who scored poorly on the MCAT tell me this.

"I've just never been good at standardized tests" - Person I know personally who scored a 17 on her MCAT after months of studying.

I've heard this from so many people. Let's just think what it takes to score well on the MCAT:

1. Memorizing basic science knowledge
2. Having the critical thinking ability to use your knowledge and apply it to new situations.
3. Figuring out taking strategies specific to the MCAT
4. Having common sense to be prepared before taking the test

Gee it sounds like if you can't complete 1, 2, 3 or 4 you're just not a smart individual. No more of this denial.

On a related note, if you think you're a truth-teller it's more likely that you're just an a-hole.

Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What's the point of this post? To boost your own ego? You do realize there's different instances of being smart? Would you call Mozart and Beethoven geniuses? How do you think they would have fared with the MCAT? Was Mozart stupid by squandering his money? You think Mozart would have studied three months for one test? By saying that someone isn't smart, by not doing well on a standardized test, can logically be followed to believing that each and every one of us are exactly the same in how our brain's work, the only difference is intelligence. Would you say people with dyslexia aren't smart?

Maybe, these people who aren't doing well on the tests, are just not conforming to the strict way of thinking the MCAT requires you to conform to.

Flesh out your thinking before posting stuff like this.

Reactions: 5 users
I happen to be as dumb as they come, but an amazing test taker.

Reactions: 7 users
What's the point of this post? To boost your own ego? You do realize there's different instances of being smart? Would you call Mozart and Beethoven geniuses? By saying that someone isn't smart, by not doing well on a standardized test, can logically be followed to believing that each and every one of us are exactly the same in how our brain's work, the only difference is intelligence. Would you say people with dyslexia aren't smart?

Maybe, these people who aren't doing well on the tests, are just not conforming to the strict way of thinking the MCAT requires you to conform to.

Shhh, let OP bask in the glory of their life-changing realizations.

Remember, if you're a bad test-taker its more likely you're just not smart.

Maybe I should hang this on my wall or something. Such profound wisdom.

Reactions: 4 users
OP, I fail to see what motivated you to make this post. What kind of discussion are you trying to start? What do you have to gain by hurting people's feelings?

Reactions: 3 users
Shhh, let OP bask in the glory of their life-changing realizations.

Remember, if you're a bad test-taker its more likely you're just not smart.

Maybe I should hang this on my wall or something. Such deeply profound wisdom.
This should be called "The MCAT Theorem".

The MCAT Theorem States:

If you don't do well on the mcat, you aren't smart and are therefore regulated to the manual labor workforce.

Please keep discussions related to pre-allo. This thread is not, so I'm locking it.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.